Windows Mail does not send mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Allen

Windows Mail does not send mail
I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings for
Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks for your
help.

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail

"Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
>message:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
> ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings
> for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks
> for your help.

Does your connection to that server cross over from one internet provider's
equipment to another's before it reaches the server? If so, such
connections
to port 25 are often blocked to cause trouble for spammers.

Also, you may want to see if Roadrunner has updated their instructions:

<http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHMSLogic%2femail_help_topi c.aspx%3ftopic%3dE%2bmail&topic=E+mail>

If that doesn't help, what if any antivirus programs do you have? Many
new PCs come with trial versions of antivirus programs already installed,
and many of the common antivirus programs cause assorted problems
in Windows Mail, although slowly enough you seldom see them in the
first 2 weeks.

Dave

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
Are you connected to Roadrunner when this happens?
Many people get laptops, and cannot send email when they are away from home,
because they are not connected to their email providers network.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
> message:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
> ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings
> for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks
> for your help.

Kathy

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I
can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V

"Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message
> Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I
> can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V
> "Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
>>message:
>>
>> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
>> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
>> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>
>> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
>> ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings
>> for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks
>> for your help.

You might want to check your settings again:

http://netservices.verizon.net/porta...help/selection

<http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHMSLogic%2femail_help_topi c.aspx%3ftopic%3dE%2bmail&topic=E+mail>

Also, try moving all the messages in the Outbox to the Drafts folder or
deleting them. If any refuse to do either, let us know.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
If you want assistance, please post your error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message news:87177B29-C0B2-4CB2-AA81-CB4CA372AA65@microsoft.com...
> Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V
> "Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23ySHQivdIHA.5984@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error message:
>>
>> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
>> 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>
>> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I
>> used the settings for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks for your help.

Kathy

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
Has anyone figured out how to send e-mails yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let me
know. Thanks I appreciate any help.
"Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message
> Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I
> can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V
> "Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
>>message:
>>
>> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
>> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
>> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>
>> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
>> ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings
>> for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks
>> for your help.

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
What if any error messages do you get when you try to send email?
Right click on them and copy the entire error messages into your next
message.

You aren't very clear on what your problem is.

See if this leads to useful Verizon instructions:

> Has anyone figured out how to send e-mails yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let
> me know. Thanks I appreciate any help.
> "Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I
>> can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V
>> "Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error
>>>message:
>>>
>>> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers',
>>> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol:
>>> SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
>>> 0x800CCC0E
>>>
>>> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks
>>> ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I used the settings
>>> for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks
>>> for your help.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail
No, nobody has figured it out yet. :-)

Note: Please see my response of 5 days ago.
--

"Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message news:%23$hM50YpIHA.4760@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Has anyone figured out how to send e-mails yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let me know. Thanks I appreciate any help.
> "Kathy " <2jaded@verizon.com> wrote in message news:87177B29-C0B2-4CB2-AA81-CB4CA372AA65@microsoft.com...
>> Hi, have you found a solution yet. I have 18 e-mails that I can't send. I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks, Kathy V
>> "Allen" <cofiori@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23ySHQivdIHA.5984@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>I can receive mail in Windows mail but cannot send. I get this error message:
>>>
>>> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: For Baby Boomers', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
>>> 'smtp-server.nc.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>>
>>> I am new to Windows Vista having just purchased this computer two weeks ago... My mail worked well with Outlook Express and I
>>> used the settings for Vista that were provided by Time Warner Cable/Road Runner. Thanks for your help.

garysgold

Re: Windows Mail does not send mail

You might find something here that helps.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

Good luck.
Gary

--