i lost my toolbar!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

martha northrup

i lost my toolbar!
I lost my tool bar that has the icons

send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?

mac

Re: i lost my toolbar!

"martha northrup" <northrup04@charter.net> wrote in message
>I lost my tool bar that has the icons
> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?

Right click on a blank area of the toolbar>select Toolbar.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail.

Dale53 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the information. I feel really stupid, but at least I knew where to come for the answer.

Dale53
oliveloper

RE: i lost my toolbar!

"martha northrup" wrote:

> I lost my tool bar that has the icons
>
> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?

DMILLER

RE: i lost my toolbar!

--
Big Band Man

"martha northrup" wrote:

> I lost my tool bar that has the icons
>
> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?
>
> I have the same problem but need a different solution. The only thing that shows on the toolbar is "show all messages." When I right-click I find that "toolbar" is checked. Also, if I go to "View-Layout-Customize, I find that the items I want on the toolbar are there on the right: reply, reply to all, forward, print, delete. Why don't these items appear in a toolbar? I suppose I might try downloading Microsoft Mail again, but I'm afraid I might lose all the files and contacts I've set up.

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Re: i lost my toolbar!
The Contacts folder sometimes forgets how to show contacts, see if this
helps:

1. Open Windows Contacts
2. Right click anywhere in the right pane.
3. Select "Properties" at the bottom of the list
4. Click the "Customize" tab on the "Properties" page that opens.
5. Change the "Folder Type" to "Contacts".

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/18...n-missing.html
New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.
"DMILLER" <DMILLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> Big Band Man
>

> "martha northrup" wrote:
>
>> I lost my tool bar that has the icons
>>
>> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?
>>
>> I have the same problem but need a different solution. The only thing
>> that shows on the toolbar is "show all messages." When I right-click I
>> find that "toolbar" is checked. Also, if I go to "View-Layout-Customize,
>> I find that the items I want on the toolbar are there on the right:
>> reply, reply to all, forward, print, delete. Why don't these items appear
>> in a toolbar? I suppose I might try downloading Microsoft Mail again, but
>> I'm afraid I might lose all the files and contacts I've set up.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: i lost my toolbar!
The program name is Windows Mail (not Microsoft Mail). You can't
download it.

Right-click on the toolbar and select "Customize..."

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"DMILLER" <DMILLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC105EB5-8B7D-4484-89FC-E14EC0D2E2F6@microsoft.com...

> --
> Big Band Man
>

> "martha northrup" wrote:
>
>> I lost my tool bar that has the icons
>>
>> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?
>>
>> I have the same problem but need a different solution. The only thing that shows on the toolbar is "show all messages." When I right-click I find that "toolbar" is checked. Also, if I go to "View-Layout-Customize, I find that the items I want on the toolbar are there on the right: reply, reply to all, forward, print, delete. Why don't these items appear in a toolbar? I suppose I might try downloading Microsoft Mail again, but I'm afraid I might lose all the files and contacts I've set up.

DMILLER

Re: i lost my toolbar!
Thanks to all. I figured out what was wrong. The tool bar was there all
along, but obscured. The one at the same level that says "show all messages"
was hogging the space. I went to the left of that portion of the toolbar,
clicked on the left border and dragged it to the right. Then the information
I needed was displayed.
--
Big Band Man

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> The program name is Windows Mail (not Microsoft Mail). You can't
> download it.
>
> Right-click on the toolbar and select "Customize..."
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "DMILLER" <DMILLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC105EB5-8B7D-4484-89FC-E14EC0D2E2F6@microsoft.com...
> >
> > --
> > Big Band Man
> >

> > "martha northrup" wrote:
> >
> >> I lost my tool bar that has the icons
> >>
> >> send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?
> >>
> >> I have the same problem but need a different solution. The only thing that shows on the toolbar is "show all messages." When I right-click I find that "toolbar" is checked. Also, if I go to "View-Layout-Customize, I find that the items I want on the toolbar are there on the right: reply, reply to all, forward, print, delete. Why don't these items appear in a toolbar? I suppose I might try downloading Microsoft Mail again, but I'm afraid I might lose all the files and contacts I've set up.

gr8tpoodles

RE: i lost my toolbar!

"DMILLER" wrote:

> --
> Big Band Man
>

> "martha northrup" wrote:
>
> > I lost my tool bar that has the icons
> >
> > send/forward/add contacts/ etc. How do I get it back?
> >
> > I have the same problem but need a different solution. The only thing that shows on the toolbar is "show all messages." When I right-click I find that "toolbar" is checked. Also, if I go to "View-Layout-Customize, I find that the items I want on the toolbar are there on the right: reply, reply to all, forward, print, delete. Why don't these items appear in a toolbar? I suppose I might try downloading Microsoft Mail again, but I'm afraid I might lose all the files and contacts I've set up.

t-4-2

Re: i lost my toolbar!
1. It is called Windows Mail, NOT Microsoft Mail. Furthermore, you cannot
download Windows Mail, it comes with the system.
2. To get your Tool Bar back on :
View > Layout, and stop there. Look for " Tool Bar " and put a checkmark
next to it. ( NO need to click Customise ) > click OK.
t-4-2