Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Midders

Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I've downloaded emails for my mum and want to be
able to take them to her as she's not got internet at the moment. I use
windows mail and she's on OE. How can I convert or save them to a memory
stick in a format that her OE will be able to understand?

Cheers
Midders

William1111 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
The best way to do this is do download Dmailer sync it allows you to synchronzie all your email data from Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail and saves it to a memory stick. Then you can restore that data to Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail. You can even synchronize your files and internet Bookmarks or Favorites at the same time if you want, this is helpful if you are moving computer.

Using this software will not cost you because you can do this within the free 30 day trial period.

You can download it from:
Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software - synchronize email - data backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midders View Post
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I've downloaded emails for my mum and want to be
able to take them to her as she's not got internet at the moment. I use
windows mail and she's on OE. How can I convert or save them to a memory
stick in a format that her OE will be able to understand?

Cheers
Midders
Steve Cochran

Re: Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
One can do it without a 3rd party program: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

steve

"William1111" <William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> The best way to do this is do download Dmailer sync it allows you to
> synchronzie all your email data from Outlook, Outlook Express and
> Windows Mail and saves it to a memory stick. Then you can restore that
> data to Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail. You can even
> synchronize your files and internet Bookmarks or Favorites at the same
> time if you want, this is helpful if you are moving computer.
>
> Using this software will not cost you because you can do this within
> the free 30 day trial period.
>
> You can download it from:
> 'Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software - synchronize email -
> data backup' (http://www.dmailer.com)
>

> Midders;658214 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope someone can help me. I've downloaded emails for my mum and want
>> to be
>> able to take them to her as she's not got internet at the moment. I
>> use
>> windows mail and she's on OE. How can I convert or save them to a
>> memory
>> stick in a format that her OE will be able to understand?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Midders

> --
> William1111

William1111 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
Ok then, Both windows mail and outlook express use .eml files so you can convert emails very easily by draging and droping them from outlook express to your usb key then do the same on the the other computer dragging them from the usb key to windows mail or visa versa.

This is fine if you just want to read the emails but i would not recommend doing a manual copy in any case to an older version as some settings or details may be lost and you may have problem if you try to resend these emails later.

But this method does work, good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cochran View Post
One can do it without a 3rd party program: backup

steve

"William1111" <William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> The best way to do this is do download Dmailer sync it allows you to
> synchronzie all your email data from Outlook, Outlook Express and
> Windows Mail and saves it to a memory stick. Then you can restore that
> data to Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail. You can even
> synchronize your files and internet Bookmarks or Favorites at the same
> time if you want, this is helpful if you are moving computer.
>
> Using this software will not cost you because you can do this within
> the free 30 day trial period.
>
> You can download it from:
> 'Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software - synchronize email -
> data backup' (Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software - synchronize email - data backup)
>

> Midders;658214 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope someone can help me. I've downloaded emails for my mum and want
>> to be
>> able to take them to her as she's not got internet at the moment. I
>> use
>> windows mail and she's on OE. How can I convert or save them to a
>> memory
>> stick in a format that her OE will be able to understand?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Midders

> --
> William1111

Steve Cochran

Re: Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
eml files are the same in Vista and XP and in OE and in WinMail, so there is
no difficulty going back to OE. There are some problems sometimes with
importing to Outlook, but it uses msg files not eml files.

steve

"William1111" <William1111.3ni1c5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:William1111.3ni1c5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Ok then, Both windows mail and outlook express use .eml files so you can
> convert emails very easily by draging and droping them from outlook
> express to your usb key then do the same on the the other computer
> dragging them from the usb key to windows mail or visa versa.
>
> This is fine if you just want to read the emails but i would not
> recommend doing a manual copy in any case to an older version as some
> settings or details may be lost and you may have problem if you try to
> resend these emails later.
>
> But this method does work, good luck. Steve Cochran;1166722 Wrote:
>> One can do it without a 3rd party program: 'backup'
>> (http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx)
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "William1111" <William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message news:William1111.3nfyc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>> >
>> > The best way to do this is do download Dmailer sync it allows you to
>> > synchronzie all your email data from Outlook, Outlook Express and
>> > Windows Mail and saves it to a memory stick. Then you can restore

>> that
>> > data to Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail. You can even
>> > synchronize your files and internet Bookmarks or Favorites at the

>> same
>> > time if you want, this is helpful if you are moving computer.
>> >
>> > Using this software will not cost you because you can do this within
>> > the free 30 day trial period.
>> >
>> > You can download it from:
>> > 'Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software - synchronize email

>> -
>> > data backup' ('Dmailer.com - portable backup - backup software -

>> synchronize email - data backup' (http://www.dmailer.com))

>> want

>> > --
>> > William1111

> William1111

William1111 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Transfer windows mail msgs to outlook on another pc.
Steve i wonder why you didnt just reply yourself instead of qouting me and the sugestions i give. However here is some other forums reporting problems when copying email files.

Bug copying .eml-Files, time stamp changed : Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs : Windows Vista IT Pro : Microsoft TechNet Forums

Can't get Firebird to install! &bull; mozillaZine Forums