Default font size in Windows Mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Diana

Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in Windows
Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type an
email. thank you

newgirl

RE: Default font size in Windows Mail
I'm having the same problem getting Live Mail to recognize my choice for a
different font (Comic Sans) for my outgoing emails. Help!
--
newgirl

"Diana" wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in Windows
> Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
> However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
> automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type an
> email. thank you

sherbert

RE: Default font size in Windows Mail
Tools,options,compose, mail (Top row) font sttings, change it to what you
want, then click apply (at the bottom) then ok. Hope that helps.

"Diana" wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in Windows
> Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
> However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
> automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type an
> email. thank you

newgirl

RE: Default font size in Windows Mail
Yep, tried that - but every time I compose a new email, it still comes out
Ariel instead of Comic Sans. Does it have something to do with the default
signature I have on each new email? The signature option gave me no way to
edit the font of the signature.
--
newgirl

"sherbert" wrote:

> Tools,options,compose, mail (Top row) font sttings, change it to what you
> want, then click apply (at the bottom) then ok. Hope that helps.
>
> "Diana" wrote:
>
> > Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in Windows
> > Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
> > However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
> > automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type an
> > email. thank you

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Default font size in Windows Mail
When you compose a new email, is it in HTML or plain text format?
Check your Tools, Options, Send, Mail Sending Format.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"newgirl" <newgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8960B1A-8402-446A-852F-61B0749E5CC9@microsoft.com...
> Yep, tried that - but every time I compose a new email, it still comes out
> Ariel instead of Comic Sans. Does it have something to do with the default
> signature I have on each new email? The signature option gave me no way to
> edit the font of the signature.
> --
> newgirl
>

> "sherbert" wrote:
>
>> Tools,options,compose, mail (Top row) font sttings, change it to what you
>> want, then click apply (at the bottom) then ok. Hope that helps.
>>
>> "Diana" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in Windows
>> > Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
>> > However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
>> > automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type an
>> > email. thank you

Dave

Re: Default font size in Windows Mail
Tools - Options - Compose
Compose font - Mail:

but if you use Stationery, the stationery font will be used.
You can edit the stationery to change the default font size.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> I'm having the same problem getting Live Mail to recognize my choice for a
> different font (Comic Sans) for my outgoing emails. Help!
> --
> newgirl
>

> "Diana" wrote:
>
>> Hi, does anyone know how to permanently set a default font size in
>> Windows
>> Mail? My Windows Mail default font is 10 but I would prefer it to be 12.
>> However there does not seem to be an option to change it to 12
>> automatically, instead of remembering to reset it before starting to type
>> an
>> email. thank you

newgirl

Re: Default font size in Windows Mail
Its HTML
--
newgirl

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> When you compose a new email, is it in HTML or plain text format?
> Check your Tools, Options, Send, Mail Sending Format.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>

> "newgirl" <newgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8960B1A-8402-446A-852F-61B0749E5CC9@microsoft.com...
> > Yep, tried that - but every time I compose a new email, it still comes out
> > Ariel instead of Comic Sans. Does it have something to do with the default
> > signature I have on each new email? The signature option gave me no way to
> > edit the font of the signature.
> > --
> > newgirl
> >

> > "sherbert" wrote:
> >
> >> Tools,options,compose, mail (Top row) font sttings, change it to what you
> >> want, then click apply (at the bottom) then ok. Hope that helps.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Default font size in Windows Mail
I can't duplicate what you are seeing.
Under Tools, Options, Compose, make sure that no stationery
is selected because it overrides the font selection.

The other possibility is that you are using some type of security
software that is preventing writes to the registry. That would
prevent your font selection from being saved.