Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

file extension?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2008
paul
 

Posts: n/a
file extension?
Hello,
I have a backup program that is not finding Windows Mail files.
What is the file extension for Windows Mail and where does it reside please.
TIA

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2008
 

Posts: n/a
Re: file extension?

"paul" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23dfj4qEYIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I have a backup program that is not finding Windows Mail files.
> What is the file extension for Windows Mail and where does it reside
> please.
> TIA
>

It's mostly .eml, but also .email. It also uses .nws and a few more
extensions
for news and index files.

To find them, click on Tools, then Options, then Advanced, then Maintenance,
then Store Folder, and it will tell you what directory it uses for this.
Click on
Cancel, then Close, then Cancel again.

If you want to back up the email, I suggest you back up the entire
directory,
not just one file extension from it.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2008
paul
 

Posts: n/a
Re: file extension?
Thank you very much Robert Miles.

<robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
news:Od3kB%23EYIHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> "paul" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23dfj4qEYIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>> I have a backup program that is not finding Windows Mail files.
>> What is the file extension for Windows Mail and where does it reside
>> please.
>> TIA
>>

> It's mostly .eml, but also .email. It also uses .nws and a few more
> extensions
> for news and index files.
>
> To find them, click on Tools, then Options, then Advanced, then
> Maintenance,
> then Store Folder, and it will tell you what directory it uses for this.
> Click on
> Cancel, then Close, then Cancel again.
>
> If you want to back up the email, I suggest you back up the entire
> directory,
> not just one file extension from it.
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2008
 

Posts: n/a
Re: file extension?
You're welcome.

"paul" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23rsU%23IFYIHA.6044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Thank you very much Robert Miles.
>
> <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
> news:Od3kB%23EYIHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "paul" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23dfj4qEYIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello,
>>> I have a backup program that is not finding Windows Mail files.
>>> What is the file extension for Windows Mail and where does it reside
>>> please.
>>> TIA
>>>

>> It's mostly .eml, but also .email. It also uses .nws and a few more
>> extensions
>> for news and index files.
>>
>> To find them, click on Tools, then Options, then Advanced, then
>> Maintenance,
>> then Store Folder, and it will tell you what directory it uses for this.
>> Click on
>> Cancel, then Close, then Cancel again.
>>
>> If you want to back up the email, I suggest you back up the entire
>> directory,
>> not just one file extension from it.
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2009
sadheeshs
 

Posts: n/a
Re: file extension?

I know about identity in outlook express ,please tell me about windows
mail how it is?


--
sadheeshs
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sadheeshs's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90010.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ail/901460.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2009
Gary VanderMolen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: file extension?
You're asking, how is the identity feature in Windows Mail?
It isn't.
Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did.
By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.
There are four different ways of changing that:

1. Use separate Windows user logins. That gives total privacy.

2. Use message rules to filter incoming messages into
separate folders.

3. Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each
account, no rules needed: http://download.live.com/wlmail

4. Purchase an add-on called WMIDs:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"sadheeshs" <sadheeshs.3qn7vb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:sadheeshs.3qn7vb@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> I know about identity in outlook express ,please tell me about windows
> mail how it is?
>
>
> --
> sadheeshs
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> sadheeshs's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90010.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ail/901460.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 938319 Error message when you extract a compressed file that has a .zip file name extension on a Windows Vista-based computer: "This file was compressed using an unknown compression method" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
File association, always open file with extension GeraldF microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware assessment 1 09-22-2007 22:22
File Extension brink microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 2 08-16-2007 23:30
Brand new file extension? weary microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 08-07-2007 22:36
How do you change file name extension in File/Dir Explorer? maruk2@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 02-18-2007 02:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120