Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

MDB

Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing. The error
message I keep getting is "Windows thinks this a suspicious and has blocked
it. Images and links have been blocked for your safety. If you think this
mail is not fradulent, use the unblock button to access it". I would unblock
it and add it to the safe senders list and it still gets flagged as phishing.
Does anyone know why this keeps happening?
DaveFritz

RE: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
I'm having the same problem. No matter how many times I unblock the
particular sender of a message that gets sent by e-mail from a local weather
notification service, and add it to the safe senders list, Windows Mail keeps
blocking it. How do I turn that off? Did you ever get a response from
anyone on this?

"MDB" wrote:

> Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing. The error
> message I keep getting is "Windows thinks this a suspicious and has blocked
> it. Images and links have been blocked for your safety. If you think this
> mail is not fradulent, use the unblock button to access it". I would unblock
> it and add it to the safe senders list and it still gets flagged as phishing.
> Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

Re: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
Click on Tools, then Junk E-mail Options, then Safe Senders. If that
sender's address is not on the list, add it, then click Apply. Click on
Blocked Senders. If that sender's address is on the list, or even just
the part after @, click on it , then Remove, then any approvals
needed, then Apply. Click on OK.

This doesn't always work, though, if the sender puts your address
on the Bcc: line instead of the To: line or the Cc: line.

"DaveFritz" <DaveFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem. No matter how many times I unblock the
> particular sender of a message that gets sent by e-mail from a local
> weather
> notification service, and add it to the safe senders list, Windows Mail
> keeps
> blocking it. How do I turn that off? Did you ever get a response from
> anyone on this?
>
> "MDB" wrote:
>
>> Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing. The error
>> message I keep getting is "Windows thinks this a suspicious and has
>> blocked
>> it. Images and links have been blocked for your safety. If you think
>> this
>> mail is not fradulent, use the unblock button to access it". I would
>> unblock
>> it and add it to the safe senders list and it still gets flagged as
>> phishing.
>> Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

larrydonline

Re: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
Thanks for that tip. I've added the domain name to the approved list also. I
noticed the last tab in Junk E-mail options is to stop being notified of
phising mail. If this doesn't work, I'll chose that option next. Funny, but
the real phising emails aren't being flagged, just the one email that I get
three or four times a week.

Windows Mail's ability to identify and move spam emails to the spam folder
is the strongest feature I've found yet in Vista. It's at least 99 percent
effective and correct. Of course, I still review them before the final delete
since it does redirect a good email on occasion. But this feature is much
more reliable than any third part software I ever used on XP.

"robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net" wrote:

> Click on Tools, then Junk E-mail Options, then Safe Senders. If that
> sender's address is not on the list, add it, then click Apply. Click on
> Blocked Senders. If that sender's address is on the list, or even just
> the part after @, click on it , then Remove, then any approvals
> needed, then Apply. Click on OK.
>
> This doesn't always work, though, if the sender puts your address
> on the Bcc: line instead of the To: line or the Cc: line.
>
> "DaveFritz" <DaveFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the same problem. No matter how many times I unblock the
> > particular sender of a message that gets sent by e-mail from a local
> > weather
> > notification service, and add it to the safe senders list, Windows Mail
> > keeps
> > blocking it. How do I turn that off? Did you ever get a response from
> > anyone on this?
> >
> > "MDB" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing. The error
> >> message I keep getting is "Windows thinks this a suspicious and has
> >> blocked
> >> it. Images and links have been blocked for your safety. If you think
> >> this
> >> mail is not fradulent, use the unblock button to access it". I would
> >> unblock
> >> it and add it to the safe senders list and it still gets flagged as
> >> phishing.
> >> Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

Re: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
You're welcome.

"larrydonline" <larrydonline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for that tip. I've added the domain name to the approved list also.
> noticed the last tab in Junk E-mail options is to stop being notified of
> phising mail. If this doesn't work, I'll chose that option next. Funny,
> but
> the real phising emails aren't being flagged, just the one email that I
> get
> three or four times a week.
>
> Windows Mail's ability to identify and move spam emails to the spam folder
> is the strongest feature I've found yet in Vista. It's at least 99 percent
> effective and correct. Of course, I still review them before the final
> delete
> since it does redirect a good email on occasion. But this feature is much
> more reliable than any third part software I ever used on XP.
>
> "robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net" wrote:
>
>> Click on Tools, then Junk E-mail Options, then Safe Senders. If that
>> sender's address is not on the list, add it, then click Apply. Click on
>> Blocked Senders. If that sender's address is on the list, or even just
>> the part after @, click on it , then Remove, then any approvals
>> needed, then Apply. Click on OK.
>>
>> This doesn't always work, though, if the sender puts your address
>> on the Bcc: line instead of the To: line or the Cc: line.
>>
>> "DaveFritz" <DaveFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm having the same problem. No matter how many times I unblock the
>> > particular sender of a message that gets sent by e-mail from a local
>> > weather
>> > notification service, and add it to the safe senders list, Windows Mail
>> > keeps
>> > blocking it. How do I turn that off? Did you ever get a response from
>> > anyone on this?

Bruce Radleigh

Re: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
I have been receiving red blocked e-mails for weeks from a frequent
correspondent. I go ahead and open them and there is no problem. In
frequently I receive unblocked messages from the same person. The address
is in the safe sender's list and is not on the blocked list. How can I stop
these messages being blocked?
--
Bruce Radleigh

"robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net" wrote:

> Click on Tools, then Junk E-mail Options, then Safe Senders. If that
> sender's address is not on the list, add it, then click Apply. Click on
> Blocked Senders. If that sender's address is on the list, or even just
> the part after @, click on it , then Remove, then any approvals
> needed, then Apply. Click on OK.
>
> This doesn't always work, though, if the sender puts your address
> on the Bcc: line instead of the To: line or the Cc: line.
>
> "DaveFritz" <DaveFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the same problem. No matter how many times I unblock the
> > particular sender of a message that gets sent by e-mail from a local
> > weather
> > notification service, and add it to the safe senders list, Windows Mail
> > keeps
> > blocking it. How do I turn that off? Did you ever get a response from
> > anyone on this?
> >
> > "MDB" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing. The error
> >> message I keep getting is "Windows thinks this a suspicious and has
> >> blocked
> >> it. Images and links have been blocked for your safety. If you think
> >> this
> >> mail is not fradulent, use the unblock button to access it". I would
> >> unblock
> >> it and add it to the safe senders list and it still gets flagged as
> >> phishing.
> >> Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

Kanti is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail keeps flagging a legitimate email as phishing.
I have just started having this same problem. The emails are from my daughter, not a new email address either. It started two days ago. I have removed her from the safe senders list and readded her several times. I also checked to make sure her or her domain aren't in the blocked list. Not sure what caused this to start happening