Windows Mail won't work

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Mike McQuiston

Windows Mail won't work
I just purchased a new computer with windows vista premium. Windows mail
will not work! Neither will outlook express downloaded from my old
computer. comcast webmail works fine. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Dave

Re: Windows Mail won't work
Outlook Express cannot be used on Vista.
Windows Mail should work, provided you enter the correct account information
to access your email accounts. However, it cannot access webmail accounts,
like MSN/Yahoo/Hotmail.
If you tried to enter your account info, and get an error message while
trying to Send/Rec. please post it here.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Mike McQuiston" <topandtobe@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new computer with windows vista premium. Windows mail
> will not work! Neither will outlook express downloaded from my old
> computer. comcast webmail works fine. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Re: Windows Mail won't work

"Mike McQuiston" <topandtobe@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new computer with windows vista premium. Windows mail
>will not work! Neither will outlook express downloaded from my old
>computer. comcast webmail works fine. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Outlook Express won't work under Vista.

We can't read your mind about your problem with Windows Mail. What
problem do you have? Show the entire error messages if any.

What if any antivirus programs do you have? Some of them tend to
cause assorted problems in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately.

This may eventually help you set up to connect to Comcast using
Windows Mail. It was written for Outlook Express, but should work
under Windows Mail if you avoid the One Click Fix.

<http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Emailtop17686&cookieattempt=1>

When you get Windows Mail working properly, you may want to
import some messages from your old computer.

<http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/email/import-dbx-files-outlook-express-windows-mail-vista-86458.html>

<http://www.vista4beginners.com/Migrate-from-Outlook-Express-to-Windows-Mail>

After you copy the files over from your old computer, you should make
sure the copies are read-write instead of readonly before you import
them. Some copying methods make them readonly.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail won't work
"Will not work" is a rather nebulous statement.
You will have to go into more detail, and include any error messages.

--
Gary VanderMolen (MS-MVP WLM)