Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over and over ---help!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

BEsi

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over an
I have experienced the McAfee - Windows Mail troubles before, however this
time that is not it. I am having the exact same problem as these others. I
can, however, SEND emails with my POP3 account with Mail; but I cannot
receive. Like travel1golf - Mail repeatedly asks for password - but each time
I enter them, it just asks again. I do not currently have ANY antivirus
software installed on my computer and I have not had any installed since
replacing my hard drive. (I know, I know...bad idea) But it does prove that
this is not an antivirus issue this time.

Besi

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Then he same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Tammie" <brqueen@longlines.com> wrote in message news:O20AnewLIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Help!! Same thing here!! I can get online but have to go to the web
> > mail..really really frustrating..please help us!
> > "travel1golf" <travel1golf.30kh7d@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> My email has stopping working. I can't send or receive email from either
> >> account. This just started two days ago. Nothing has changed but when I
> >> open my mail the box asking for login and password keeps coming up. I
> >> keep entering the information but it won't open and the box keeps
> >> popping up. What is up with this? I appreciate any help I can get.
> >> THANKS!
> >>

> >> --
> >> travel1golf

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over and over ---help!!
Which should say:
Then the same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:OQnpwwwLIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Then he same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Tammie" <brqueen@longlines.com> wrote in message news:O20AnewLIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Help!! Same thing here!! I can get online but have to go to the web
>> mail..really really frustrating..please help us!
>> "travel1golf" <travel1golf.30kh7d@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> My email has stopping working. I can't send or receive email from either
>>> account. This just started two days ago. Nothing has changed but when I
>>> open my mail the box asking for login and password keeps coming up. I
>>> keep entering the information but it won't open and the box keeps
>>> popping up. What is up with this? I appreciate any help I can get.
>>> THANKS!
>>>

>>> --
>>> travel1golf

BEsi

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over an
If you are referring to this:

"If after doing the above, the problem remains, delete that
corrupted email account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate
the account."

I have done that multiple times to no avail.

Besi

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Which should say:
> Then the same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:OQnpwwwLIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Then he same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
> >

> > "Tammie" <brqueen@longlines.com> wrote in message news:O20AnewLIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> Help!! Same thing here!! I can get online but have to go to the web
> >> mail..really really frustrating..please help us!

kmr

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over an
Gary,
My password box suddenly appreared yesterday. I tried both the anti virus
and create new account advice and still receive the following:

Account: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com', Server: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Thank you,
KMR

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Which should say:
> Then the same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:OQnpwwwLIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Then he same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
> >

> > "Tammie" <brqueen@longlines.com> wrote in message news:O20AnewLIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> Help!! Same thing here!! I can get online but have to go to the web
> >> mail..really really frustrating..please help us!

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over an
You have pretty much eliminated the primary cause of this particular
symptom. I assume you have double-checked that your username and
password are correct, and that they work when logging in to webmail.
The next step would be to install an alternate email program to see if
that will cure the problem. Windows Live Mail would be a good choice:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"BEsi" <BEsi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:603402FC-DCF4-4EBC-A97D-24E6B5AB0BB0@microsoft.com...
> If you are referring to this:
>
> "If after doing the above, the problem remains, delete that
> corrupted email account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate
> the account."
>
> I have done that multiple times to no avail.
>
> Besi
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> Which should say:
>> Then the same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>>

>> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:OQnpwwwLIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Then he same advice given to "travel1golf" would apply to you.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

toye

RE: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over and ov
Something is wrong with this..I am reading all of these email problems and I
want to know if its something in the program..I have had this same problem
for 4 days and its fustrating because I have Norton Virus and everthing and
it was working fine.All of a sudden you have to logon to user name and
password..Please see if there is somthing in the computer software that is
causing this problem..It has nothing to do with The anit virus that we have
that is so called not compatiable...please get back with me.

"travel1golf" wrote:

> My email has stopping working. I can't send or receive email from either
> account. This just started two days ago. Nothing has changed but when I
> open my mail the box asking for login and password keeps coming up. I
> keep entering the information but it won't open and the box keeps
> popping up. What is up with this? I appreciate any help I can get.
> THANKS!
>

> --
> travel1golf

Re: Mail won't open - keeps asking for login and passwords over and ov
Most versions of the Norton antivirus programs tend to cause such problems,
although seldom that fast. So do most versions of the McAfee antivirus
program and a recent version from Trend.

It often helps to delete the email account under Windows Mail and then
create it again, but the only way to stop those versions from causing
problems in the future is to uninstall them, not just disable them.

You may want a replacement antivirus program. For home use, I
recommend either avast! or AVG, either one with a custom install that
tells it to leave out the part that scans email. For business use, I've
seen NOD32 recommended.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=aff

http://www.eset.com/