Backup of Vista Mail Account Settings

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Ken Sympson@gmail.com

Backup of Vista Mail Account Settings
Under Import, Vista Mail supports the import of Mail Account Settings. Under
Export, however, there is no provision for exporting the current settings.
If you are trying to backup your mail system so that it can be fully
restored later, it is necessary or useful to have a backup of the Mail
Account Settings, and, if so, how can you do it?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Backup of Vista Mail Account Settings
Go to Tools, Accounts, select the account, Export.
Do this for each account. The account settings will be saved in
individual .IAF files which are usable for import by WM, WLM, and OE.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Ken Sympson@gmail.com" <KenSympson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:etSVx8SLIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Under Import, Vista Mail supports the import of Mail Account Settings. Under
> Export, however, there is no provision for exporting the current settings.
> If you are trying to backup your mail system so that it can be fully
> restored later, it is necessary or useful to have a backup of the Mail
> Account Settings, and, if so, how can you do it?

Ken Sympson@gmail.com

Re: Backup of Vista Mail Account Settings
Thank you!

Ken
"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Go to Tools, Accounts, select the account, Export.
> Do this for each account. The account settings will be saved in
> individual .IAF files which are usable for import by WM, WLM, and OE.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Ken Sympson@gmail.com" <KenSympson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Under Import, Vista Mail supports the import of Mail Account Settings.
>> Under Export, however, there is no provision for exporting the current
>> settings. If you are trying to backup your mail system so that it can be
>> fully restored later, it is necessary or useful to have a backup of the
>> Mail Account Settings, and, if so, how can you do it?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Backup of Vista Mail Account Settings
You're welcome.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]