Trouble with Send and Receive in WIN MAIL

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

andy

Trouble with Send and Receive in WIN MAIL
My isp is COMCAST..I am able to go online and sign into comcast and get my
mail..

Up until today, I also received and sent my comcast THRU WIN MAIL...
Now, I can ONLY Receive my email on WIN MAIL...I have no idea what is going
on but I am not happy.

I cannot get any test mails thru nor send any regular emails to anyone..
Can someone help?

My send/.rfeceive button on WIN MAIL is not working...and the mail seems
stuck in OUT box- EVEN IF I delete this ougoing mail , I cannot send any
other mail after that.

THIS is what is appearing in the Win Mail box when I try to send email:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

YET IF I GO ONLINE TO COMCAST,l AM able to send and receive email...

PLEASE HELP!!

Andy

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Trouble with Send and Receive in WIN MAIL
Make sure you are not using incompatible third party security
software. Windows Mail is not compatible with most McAfee
or Norton security programs. Those will need to be
uninstalled, not just disabled.

After uninstalling your non-compatible antivirus, download
and install a more compatible antivirus like the free Avast:

Even compatible antivirus programs will need to have their
email scanning option turned off. For more on this topic see
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1973DC1-88AB-454C-BF84-126EEFDB5036@microsoft.com...
> My isp is COMCAST..I am able to go online and sign into comcast and get my
> mail..
>
> Up until today, I also received and sent my comcast THRU WIN MAIL...
> Now, I can ONLY Receive my email on WIN MAIL...I have no idea what is going
> on but I am not happy.
>
> I cannot get any test mails thru nor send any regular emails to anyone..
> Can someone help?
>
> My send/.rfeceive button on WIN MAIL is not working...and the mail seems
> stuck in OUT box- EVEN IF I delete this ougoing mail , I cannot send any
> other mail after that.
>

> THIS is what is appearing in the Win Mail box when I try to send email:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>

> YET IF I GO ONLINE TO COMCAST,l AM able to send and receive email...
>
> PLEASE HELP!!
>
> Andy

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Trouble with Send and Receive in WIN MAIL
"andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My isp is COMCAST..I am able to go online and sign into comcast and get my
> mail..
>
> Up until today, I also received and sent my comcast THRU WIN MAIL...
> Now, I can ONLY Receive my email on WIN MAIL...I have no idea what is
> going
> on but I am not happy.
>
> I cannot get any test mails thru nor send any regular emails to anyone..
> Can someone help?
>
> My send/.rfeceive button on WIN MAIL is not working...and the mail seems
> stuck in OUT box- EVEN IF I delete this ougoing mail , I cannot send any
> other mail after that.
>

> THIS is what is appearing in the Win Mail box when I try to send email:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Tools | Accounts

In the account Properties:
On the Servers tab check the box "My server requires authentication" under
outgoing mail.
In the Advanced tab change the SMTP port to 587.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com