Multiple users on one Laptop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Greg

Multiple users on one Laptop
My wife and I use the same Laptop with Vista Premium and Windows Mail. Our
previous deskside had Outlook and we each had our own e-mail account, simply
switching identities to check the different e-mail accounts. In setting up
our new Laptop, I spoke with Roadrunner Technical Support and the end result
was a Windows Mail environment where my e-mails and my wife's e-mails are
mixed in the same account.
I have set up separate Windows user accounts that appear when we sign on. I
don't know how to separate the e-mail IDs from the administrators account
and tie them to the new Windows Vista user accounts.
Can someone please tell me what steps I need to follow... describing them in
a language a novice user can understand?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Multiple users on one Laptop
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

It sounds like you merely need to set up one email account
in each of the two Windows user accounts. What part do
you need help with?

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Greg" <greg5sons@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:Oobd0ReEIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> My wife and I use the same Laptop with Vista Premium and Windows Mail. Our
> previous deskside had Outlook and we each had our own e-mail account, simply
> switching identities to check the different e-mail accounts. In setting up
> our new Laptop, I spoke with Roadrunner Technical Support and the end result
> was a Windows Mail environment where my e-mails and my wife's e-mails are
> mixed in the same account.
> I have set up separate Windows user accounts that appear when we sign on. I
> don't know how to separate the e-mail IDs from the administrators account
> and tie them to the new Windows Vista user accounts.
> Can someone please tell me what steps I need to follow... describing them in
> a language a novice user can understand?

Greg

Re: Multiple users on one Laptop
Gary.. Thank you for your response to my request for help.

What I don't understand is how to set up an e-mail account in the two new
Windows Vista user accounts. Actually move what has been set up in the
administrator account to the two new user accounts. I can't find any
instructions on how to do this. Can you help me out?

Thanks..

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
>
> It sounds like you merely need to set up one email account
> in each of the two Windows user accounts. What part do
> you need help with?
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
>

> "Greg" <greg5sons@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>> My wife and I use the same Laptop with Vista Premium and Windows Mail.
>> Our previous deskside had Outlook and we each had our own e-mail account,
>> simply switching identities to check the different e-mail accounts. In
>> setting up our new Laptop, I spoke with Roadrunner Technical Support and
>> the end result was a Windows Mail environment where my e-mails and my
>> wife's e-mails are mixed in the same account.
>> I have set up separate Windows user accounts that appear when we sign on.
>> I don't know how to separate the e-mail IDs from the administrators
>> account and tie them to the new Windows Vista user accounts.
>> Can someone please tell me what steps I need to follow... describing them
>> in a language a novice user can understand?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Multiple users on one Laptop
You can't just "move" a mail account from one user to another user.
Set up the account from scratch for each new user.
If you have saved emails in the admin account that you want
moved to the new account, use the "Export" function from the admin
account, then "Import" into the new account.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]