Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

edthanet

Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I can neither send nor receive e-mails on my account which was just set up,
here is the error messages I get verbatim:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test Message.', Account:
'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account:
'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E
Ichibrothers

RE: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I....suddenly....cannot send. Cannot think of anything I've done to change
this. Worked until a couple of days ago. Similar error message as edthanet:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Is it my breath?',
Account: 'pop.netzero.com', Server: 'authsmtp.netzero.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Deleted my mail account. Set it up again per Netzero's
instructions...again...can receive, but not send. Very frustrating. Tried
System Restore...no joy there either. Sent an email using Netzero's "Message
Center" no problem, so it must be me...not them........

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Is NetZero your ISP as well as your email provider?
Were you sending from home, using your NetZero connection
when that error message happened?

Gary VanderMolen

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Is NetZero your ISP as well as your email provider?
> Were you sending from home, using your NetZero connection
> when that error message happened?

Yes, Netzero is my ISP and email provider, and I am trying to send from my
desktop at home. The only thing I can think of, is that I gave Roboform a try
last week. I uninstalled it after a few days, but maybe it has altered some
setting, somewhere, that is preventing me from sending. I have tried both
"Outgoing Mail Server"...'My server requires authentication'...checked and
unchecked. No difference. The McAfee settings appear to be the same as they
were before this problem started.....I have "scan outgoing" mail
diasabled....

Bill
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
"McAfee" is the clue I needed.
Windows Mail is not compatible with most McAfee
or Norton security programs. Those will need to be
uninstalled, not just disabled.

After uninstalling your non-compatible antivirus, download
and install a more compatible antivirus like the free Avast:

Even compatible antivirus programs will need to have their
email scanning option turned off. For more on this topic see
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> Is NetZero your ISP as well as your email provider?
>> Were you sending from home, using your NetZero connection
>> when that error message happened?
>>

> Yes, Netzero is my ISP and email provider, and I am trying to send from my
> desktop at home. The only thing I can think of, is that I gave Roboform a try
> last week. I uninstalled it after a few days, but maybe it has altered some
> setting, somewhere, that is preventing me from sending. I have tried both
> "Outgoing Mail Server"...'My server requires authentication'...checked and
> unchecked. No difference. The McAfee settings appear to be the same as they
> were before this problem started.....I have "scan outgoing" mail
> diasabled....
>
> Bill

edthanet

Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Gary VanderMolen is on the right track. When I finally contacted my ISP they
told me to turn of the Norton firewall as well as incoming and outgoing
e-mail scanning and it worked, problem solved.

"Ichibrothers" wrote:

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > Is NetZero your ISP as well as your email provider?
> > Were you sending from home, using your NetZero connection
> > when that error message happened?
> >

> Yes, Netzero is my ISP and email provider, and I am trying to send from my
> desktop at home. The only thing I can think of, is that I gave Roboform a try
> last week. I uninstalled it after a few days, but maybe it has altered some
> setting, somewhere, that is preventing me from sending. I have tried both
> "Outgoing Mail Server"...'My server requires authentication'...checked and
> unchecked. No difference. The McAfee settings appear to be the same as they
> were before this problem started.....I have "scan outgoing" mail
> diasabled....
>
> Bill

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Most of the third party security software causes problem with
Windows Mail, especially the McAfee and Norton products.

Gary VanderMolen

"edthanet" <edthanet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0959A8D3-5F61-48F4-980E-2EBEAC8314F8@microsoft.com...
> Gary VanderMolen is on the right track. When I finally contacted my ISP they
> told me to turn of the Norton firewall as well as incoming and outgoing
> e-mail scanning and it worked, problem solved.
>
> "Ichibrothers" wrote:
>

>> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>>
>> > Is NetZero your ISP as well as your email provider?
>> > Were you sending from home, using your NetZero connection
>> > when that error message happened?
>> >

>> Yes, Netzero is my ISP and email provider, and I am trying to send from my
>> desktop at home. The only thing I can think of, is that I gave Roboform a try
>> last week. I uninstalled it after a few days, but maybe it has altered some
>> setting, somewhere, that is preventing me from sending. I have tried both
>> "Outgoing Mail Server"...'My server requires authentication'...checked and
>> unchecked. No difference. The McAfee settings appear to be the same as they
>> were before this problem started.....I have "scan outgoing" mail
>> diasabled....
>>
>> Bill

steveie85

Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Not always. I AM running Norton Anti-virus 2007 and it works just fine.
Like I said I think Microsoft needs to take a look at the whole program
including the registry.

--
steveie85
steveie85's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31899

http://forums.techarena.in

cacbarry

"edthanet" wrote:

> I can neither send nor receive e-mails on my account which was just set up,
> here is the error messages I get verbatim:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test Message.', Account:
> 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0E
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account:
> 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol:
> POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0E

holteender is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Hello.. I'm having a similar problem in windows mail.

The error I receive is this:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'mail.northeastlions.co.uk', Server: 'mail.northeastlions.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

northeastlions.co.uk is a website I am running. I was running AVG virus software but have uninstalled that. Currently running no AV software but still having problems.

Any help appreciated.