Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

helen108

Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail
I am having to go back and forth between WLM and Windows Mail to get all of
my messages. Why?
--
helen108
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail
Possibly because not all of your email accounts were imported
into WLM. Do you have more than one email account, and if so,
are all of them present in WLM?

If you check your mail with WM, the messages downloaded by
WM will be unavailable to WLM, unless you configure both
programs to leave a copy of emails on the server.

Gary VanderMolen

<helen108> wrote in message news:800FF055-B0F6-4C58-B13A-18844E3EBD95@microsoft.com...
> I am having to go back and forth between WLM and Windows Mail to get all of
> my messages. Why?
> --
> helen108

helen108

Re: Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail
I don't want any email going to Windows Mail. I didn't open that particular
email on Windows Mail. I left it to check if I had that particular email on
WLM. Is it safe to delete all messages and folders in Windows Mail or will I
take a risk in losing stored emails?
--
helen108

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Possibly because not all of your email accounts were imported
> into WLM. Do you have more than one email account, and if so,
> are all of them present in WLM?
>
> If you check your mail with WM, the messages downloaded by
> WM will be unavailable to WLM, unless you configure both
> programs to leave a copy of emails on the server.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> <helen108> wrote in message news:800FF055-B0F6-4C58-B13A-18844E3EBD95@microsoft.com...
> > I am having to go back and forth between WLM and Windows Mail to get all of
> > my messages. Why?
> > --
> > helen108

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail
You can remove the messages and folders in WM, if you are satisfied
that WLM will remain your primary email program. Do not attempt
to remove the WM program files.

Gary VanderMolen

<helen108> wrote in message news:3DE6C218-0BA7-442C-8C0D-F4BACA5FBA57@microsoft.com...
> I don't want any email going to Windows Mail. I didn't open that particular
> email on Windows Mail. I left it to check if I had that particular email on
> WLM. Is it safe to delete all messages and folders in Windows Mail or will I
> take a risk in losing stored emails?
> --
> helen108
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> Possibly because not all of your email accounts were imported
>> into WLM. Do you have more than one email account, and if so,
>> are all of them present in WLM?
>>
>> If you check your mail with WM, the messages downloaded by
>> WM will be unavailable to WLM, unless you configure both
>> programs to leave a copy of emails on the server.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen
>>

>> <helen108> wrote in message news:800FF055-B0F6-4C58-B13A-18844E3EBD95@microsoft.com...
>> > I am having to go back and forth between WLM and Windows Mail to get all of
>> > my messages. Why?
>> > --
>> > helen108

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

<helen108> wrote in message
>I don't want any email going to Windows Mail. I didn't open that
>particular
> email on Windows Mail. I left it to check if I had that particular email
> on
> WLM. Is it safe to delete all messages and folders in Windows Mail or
> will I
> take a risk in losing stored emails?
> --
> helen108
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> Possibly because not all of your email accounts were imported
>> into WLM. Do you have more than one email account, and if so,
>> are all of them present in WLM?
>>
>> If you check your mail with WM, the messages downloaded by
>> WM will be unavailable to WLM, unless you configure both
>> programs to leave a copy of emails on the server.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen
>>

>> <helen108> wrote in message
>> > I am having to go back and forth between WLM and Windows Mail to get
>> > all of
>> > my messages. Why?
>> > --
>> > helen108

You will lose all message stored in Windows Mail that are not also stored in
Windows Live Mail. If you never open Windows Mail it will never download
messages and they should all go to Windows Live Mail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Qfreed

RE: Windows Live Mail - Not Receiving All Mail
You could remove all the WM folders or alternatively you could remove all the
mail accounts. I have no accounts set up in WM anymore. I just use it to
access these discussion groups since I'm too lazy to download them to Outlook
or WLM. Program runs fine with not accounts besides newsgroups.
--
qfreed