Windows Live Mail Sign In

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

helen108

Windows Live Mail Sign In
I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
other account although I'm not signed into it?
--
helen108
Qfreed

RE: Windows Live Mail Sign In
When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
checked "include when synchronizing mail".
Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
--
qfreed

"helen108" wrote:

> I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
> signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
> other account although I'm not signed into it?
> --
> helen108

helen108

RE: Windows Live Mail Sign In
Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
--
helen108

"Qfreed" wrote:

> When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
> and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
> can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
> checked "include when synchronizing mail".
> Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
> account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
> WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
> If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
> synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
> --
> qfreed
>

> "helen108" wrote:
>
> > I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
> > signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
> > other account although I'm not signed into it?
> > --
> > helen108

Qfreed

RE: Windows Live Mail Sign In
Oh, I see what you are asking. You can check your specific accounts, but
most accounts when you configure them ask for your sign-in information. When
you synchronize your mail WLM uses that information to retrieve your mail.
You do not have to sign in to each account to get your mail unless the e-mail
server specifically requires it.
--
qfreed

"helen108" wrote:

> Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> --
> helen108
>

> "Qfreed" wrote:
>
> > When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
> > and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
> > can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
> > checked "include when synchronizing mail".
> > Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
> > account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
> > WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
> > If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
> > synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
> > --
> > qfreed
> >

> > "helen108" wrote:
> >
> > > I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
> > > signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
> > > other account although I'm not signed into it?
> > > --
> > > helen108

helen108

RE: Windows Live Mail Sign In
How do I synchronize my mail?
--
helen108

"Qfreed" wrote:

> Oh, I see what you are asking. You can check your specific accounts, but
> most accounts when you configure them ask for your sign-in information. When
> you synchronize your mail WLM uses that information to retrieve your mail.
> You do not have to sign in to each account to get your mail unless the e-mail
> server specifically requires it.
> --
> qfreed
>

> "helen108" wrote:
>
> > Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> > get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> > to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> > --
> > helen108
> >

> > "Qfreed" wrote:
> >
> > > When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
> > > and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
> > > can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
> > > checked "include when synchronizing mail".
> > > Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
> > > account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
> > > WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
> > > If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
> > > synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
> > > --
> > > qfreed

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live Mail Sign In
By "sign-in" are you referring to the email address that
shows in the upper right corner of WLM? That sign-in is
optional, and its only purpose is to synchronize your Hotmail
contacts with your WLM contacts. It is totally separate from
whatever email accounts you have in the folder list.

Gary VanderMolen

<helen108> wrote in message news:39DC2FA8-39EE-415F-B6BE-26CF8313A978@microsoft.com...
> Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> --
> helen108
>

> "Qfreed" wrote:
>
>> When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
>> and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
>> can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
>> checked "include when synchronizing mail".
>> Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
>> account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
>> WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
>> If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
>> synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
>> --
>> qfreed
>>

>> "helen108" wrote:
>>
>> > I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
>> > signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
>> > other account although I'm not signed into it?
>> > --
>> > helen108

Qfreed

RE: Windows Live Mail Sign In
You've confused me when you said both sets of mail. I don't know if you're
referring to the two accounts on either program or both accounts on both
programs. Let me continue with my Gmail example in case you're thinking WM
and WLM somehow interact with each other. I like to use GMail as an example
because it can be both web based mail or use the POP3 protocol.
If Gmail was one of your two accounts I believe you are telling me that the
account exists in both WLM and WM as a POP3 account. If I sent you an email
and you opened it in your WM application that email was downloaded to your
computer then. Unless you have specifically told WM to leave a copy of the
message on the server if you were to subsequently open WLM you would not see
the message for it is on your computer ( in whatever folder WM stores it) and
no longer on the server for WLM to download it.
Does that help? WLM does not correspond with WM to see what it has
downloaded or not. Both program just download whatever messages are on the
server when they synchronize mail. The first program you use when a
particular message resides on the computer is the one in which you will see
it (unless you're leaving copies on the server or you start talking web based
mail which isn't downloaded, but resides on the email server).

--
qfreed

"helen108" wrote:

> Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> --
> helen108
>

> "Qfreed" wrote:
>
> > When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
> > and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
> > can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
> > checked "include when synchronizing mail".
> > Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
> > account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
> > WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
> > If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
> > synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
> > --
> > qfreed
> >

> > "helen108" wrote:
> >
> > > I have signed into windows live mail under one of my Windows Mail email
> > > signin. If I have two accounts for mail, will I still get the mail from my
> > > other account although I'm not signed into it?
> > > --
> > > helen108

Qfreed

Re: Windows Live Mail Sign In
Thanks for jumping in. I knew I didn't have a clear grasp of her original
question. I take it the sign-in ID for WLM must be one of her email account
ID's.
--
qfreed

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> By "sign-in" are you referring to the email address that
> shows in the upper right corner of WLM? That sign-in is
> optional, and its only purpose is to synchronize your Hotmail
> contacts with your WLM contacts. It is totally separate from
> whatever email accounts you have in the folder list.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> <helen108> wrote in message news:39DC2FA8-39EE-415F-B6BE-26CF8313A978@microsoft.com...
> > Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> > get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> > to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> > --
> > helen108
> >

> > "Qfreed" wrote:
> >
> >> When you sign-in to (open) Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail for that matter
> >> and you chose to synchronize (send/receive) your mail (done by default, but
> >> can be changed) then either program checks all accounts for which you have
> >> checked "include when synchronizing mail".
> >> Let's say you have a GMail account set up in WM. You do not have that
> >> account listed in WLM (you didn't automatically import it when you installed
> >> WLM). You will not recieve GMail when you synchronize your accounts in WLM.
> >> If you have a GMail listed in WLM, but do not have the "include when
> >> synchronizing mail" checked it will not download that mail.
> >> --
> >> qfreed

helen108

Re: Windows Live Mail Sign In
Exactly. All I have is Windows Mail, and now WLM. I don't have yahoo,
hotmail, gmail or aol. I have two separate email addresses formerly housed
on Windows Mail. They are with the same ISP. Both addresses are POP3s. One
is mail.bellsouth.net and the other is mail.bellsouth.net(1). So if I
understand you, my sign in which is, as Gary said, in the upper right hand
corner is simply a signon for WLM and has nothing to do with the actual
addresses that came from Windows Mail. Is that correct?
--
helen108

"Qfreed" wrote:

> Thanks for jumping in. I knew I didn't have a clear grasp of her original
> question. I take it the sign-in ID for WLM must be one of her email account
> ID's.
> --
> qfreed
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > By "sign-in" are you referring to the email address that
> > shows in the upper right corner of WLM? That sign-in is
> > optional, and its only purpose is to synchronize your Hotmail
> > contacts with your WLM contacts. It is totally separate from
> > whatever email accounts you have in the folder list.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen
> >

> > <helen108> wrote in message news:39DC2FA8-39EE-415F-B6BE-26CF8313A978@microsoft.com...
> > > Both of my emails were listed in Windows Mail. Both transferred, but will I
> > > get both sets of emails even though I'm only signed in as one? I don't want
> > > to sign in everytime. Can I choose not to and still get all of my messages?
> > > --
> > > helen108

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live Mail Sign In
No, the sign-in account does not have to be one of the mail accounts in WLM.
The mail accounts are strictly for email, the sign-in is strictly for syncing contacts.
You are free to use the same, different, or no sign-in account.

Gary VanderMolen