auto complete or auto correct in windows mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

christiane

auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
for the most part this windows mail is ok. but i really miss my auto correct
or auto complete as i write email. i have tried to find a way to enable that
feature, but can't seem to find a way. any help?

Sincerely:
christiane
Gary VanderMolen

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
Windows Mail doesn't have it, but Windows Live Mail does.
For example. if you type "teh" it will correct it to "the".
To upgrade, go to http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Gary VanderMolen

"christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C6E1F4-D7BD-4245-8040-80E7B0DFD290@microsoft.com...
> for the most part this windows mail is ok. but i really miss my auto correct
> or auto complete as i write email. i have tried to find a way to enable that
> feature, but can't seem to find a way. any help?
>
> Sincerely:
> christiane

mac

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail

"christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> for the most part this windows mail is ok. but i really miss my auto
> correct
> or auto complete as i write email. i have tried to find a way to enable
> that
> feature, but can't seem to find a way. any help?
>
> Sincerely:
> christiane

That is not a feature of WM, or its predecessor OE, MS Office Outlook has
it, try a third party tool, I have not used it, because I did not look out
of the window during English lessons at school like some :-))
Try this one.

TinySpell:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS] UK

christiane

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
thank you very much. i downloaded windows live mail. and it seems user
friendlier. now one more question. i can't seem to get my contact list to
show in the toolbar. thanks in advance for all your help. you guys are smart.

christiane

"mac" wrote:

> "christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > for the most part this windows mail is ok. but i really miss my auto
> > correct
> > or auto complete as i write email. i have tried to find a way to enable
> > that
> > feature, but can't seem to find a way. any help?
> >
> > Sincerely:
> > christiane

> That is not a feature of WM, or its predecessor OE, MS Office Outlook has
> it, try a third party tool, I have not used it, because I did not look out
> of the window during English lessons at school like some :-))
> Try this one.
>
> TinySpell:
> http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. OE. [DTS] UK

Gary VanderMolen

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
In Windows Live Mail, there is a Contacts link near the lower left corner.
Normally you would start a new email, and then click on 'To:', which
will bring up your contacts, or start typing in the To field and likely matches
will pop up.

Gary VanderMolen

"christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C86CAF8-BA2B-42DD-84F4-A483C7769756@microsoft.com...
> thank you very much. i downloaded windows live mail. and it seems user
> friendlier. now one more question. i can't seem to get my contact list to
> show in the toolbar. thanks in advance for all your help. you guys are smart.
>
> christiane
>

> "mac" wrote:
>

>> "christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > for the most part this windows mail is ok. but i really miss my auto
>> > correct
>> > or auto complete as i write email. i have tried to find a way to enable
>> > that
>> > feature, but can't seem to find a way. any help?
>> >
>> > Sincerely:
>> > christiane

>> That is not a feature of WM, or its predecessor OE, MS Office Outlook has
>> it, try a third party tool, I have not used it, because I did not look out
>> of the window during English lessons at school like some :-))
>> Try this one.
>>
>> TinySpell:
>> http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/
>>
>> --
>> Regards Steve.
>> MS-MVP. OE. [DTS] UK

christiane

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
gary

just found it also. thanks. you are completely right. i just wondered where
it was. still getting used to the format.

have a great evening

christiane!!! :-)

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> In Windows Live Mail, there is a Contacts link near the lower left corner.
> Normally you would start a new email, and then click on 'To:', which
> will bring up your contacts, or start typing in the To field and likely matches
> will pop up.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> "christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C86CAF8-BA2B-42DD-84F4-A483C7769756@microsoft.com...
> > thank you very much. i downloaded windows live mail. and it seems user
> > friendlier. now one more question. i can't seem to get my contact list to
> > show in the toolbar. thanks in advance for all your help. you guys are smart.
> >
> > christiane
> >

> > "mac" wrote:
> >

> >> "christiane" <christiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> That is not a feature of WM, or its predecessor OE, MS Office Outlook has
> >> it, try a third party tool, I have not used it, because I did not look out
> >> of the window during English lessons at school like some :-))
> >> Try this one.
> >>
> >> TinySpell:
> >> http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards Steve.
> >> MS-MVP. OE. [DTS] UK

Gary VanderMolen

Re: auto complete or auto correct in windows mail
Glad to help out. Enjoy WLM.

Gary VanderMolen