Outlook Express: I miss you!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Ted Mercer

Outlook Express: I miss you!
Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows' Outlook
Express?

OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".

I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE even
if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of the
postings here would not occur.

Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
programs.

John Inzer

Re: Outlook Express: I miss you!
Ted Mercer wrote:
> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
> Outlook Express?
>
> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with
> the message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>
> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over
> OE even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE,
> half of the postings here would not occur.
>
> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the
> two programs.

==================================
You cannot install Outlook Express on Vista but
maybe Windows Live Mail would be worth a look:

Windows Live Mail
http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Julian

"Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
> Outlook Express?
>
> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
> message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>
> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE
> even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of
> the postings here would not occur.
>
> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
> programs.

You have a choice between say Norton and McAfee or Avast
that would probebly help.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Outlook Express: I miss you!
Why is the Original Poster talking about Windows Mail and yet, Julian, you
are referring to Anti Virus Software? Am I missing something here?

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Julian" <Julianlzb87@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
>> Outlook Express?
>>
>> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
>> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
>> message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>>
>> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE
>> even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of
>> the postings here would not occur.
>>
>> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
>> programs.

> You have a choice between say Norton and McAfee or Avast
> that would probebly help.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Outlook Express: I miss you!
Unfortunately Windows Mail is an integral part of Vista and is not something
that can be uninstall and replaced by Outlook Express, although Windows Mail
is actually a wolf in *****'s clothing, because Windows Mail 'is' Outlook
Express but with a name change and a few tweaks.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
> Outlook Express?
>
> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
> message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>
> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE
> even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of
> the postings here would not occur.
>
> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
> programs.

Julian

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Why is the Original Poster talking about Windows Mail and yet, Julian, you
> are referring to Anti Virus Software? Am I missing something here?
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Julian" <Julianlzb87@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
>>> Outlook Express?
>>>
>>> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
>>> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
>>> message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>>>
>>> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE
>>> even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of
>>> the postings here would not occur.
>>>
>>> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
>>> programs.

>> You have a choice between say Norton and McAfee or Avast
>> that would probebly help.

Julian

Re: Outlook Express: I miss you!

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Why is the Original Poster talking about Windows Mail and yet, Julian, you
> are referring to Anti Virus Software? Am I missing something here?

"An Error has occurred ..." perhaps?

> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Julian" <Julianlzb87@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way of replacing Vista's Windows Mail with XP's Windows'
>>> Outlook Express?
>>>
>>> OE satisfied my needs with little trouble. Since installing Vista and
>>> Windows Mail, I have experienced endless problems, many ending with the
>>> message now famous message, "An Error has occurred ...".
>>>
>>> I am yet to understand what would be the advantage in using WM over OE
>>> even if it did work as intended. If Microsoft would restore OE, half of
>>> the postings here would not occur.
>>>
>>> Microsoft, at least please give us the ability to choose between the two
>>> programs.

>> You have a choice between say Norton and McAfee or Avast
>> that would probebly help.

Bruce Hagen

Re: Outlook Express: I miss you!
If you want to help someone with a Windows Mail, or Outlook Express problem,
never suggest Norton or McAfee. They cause more problems than they solve
with these mail programs.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
>> Why is the Original Poster talking about Windows Mail and yet, Julian,
>> you are referring to Anti Virus Software? Am I missing something here?

> "An Error has occurred ..." perhaps?
>

>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this mail/post..
>>
>> "Julian" <Julianlzb87@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Ted Mercer" <tedmercerEDIT@OUTrogers.com> wrote in message

>>> You have a choice between say Norton and McAfee or Avast
>>> that would probebly help.

Julian

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> If you want to help someone with a Windows Mail, or Outlook Express
> problem, never suggest Norton or McAfee. They cause more problems than
> they solve with these mail programs.

I was suggesting that they were likely causes of the problem.
Read it again. Rather than choosing an alternative to Windows Mail
I was saying the choice should be Avast for Norton or McAfee.