Vista 64-bit Boot

Muzman

Vista 64-bit Boot
I have just installed Vista Home Premium 64bit on my system.

it works fine, but i can only boot up by having the Vista dvd in the dvd
drive?

i have it installed on a SATA hdd.

any help plz?
peter

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
about 1/2 way down the page
http://blogs.msdn.com/winre/archive/...sing-file.aspx

peter
"Muzman" <Muzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed Vista Home Premium 64bit on my system.
>
> it works fine, but i can only boot up by having the Vista dvd in the dvd
> drive?
>
> i have it installed on a SATA hdd.
>
> any help plz?

Muzman

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
ive tried doing the System repair but it doesnt pick anything up?

ive reinstalled, in hope of it being a one off, but still the same result.

"peter" wrote:

> about 1/2 way down the page
> http://blogs.msdn.com/winre/archive/...sing-file.aspx
>
> peter
> "Muzman" <Muzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed Vista Home Premium 64bit on my system.
> >
> > it works fine, but i can only boot up by having the Vista dvd in the dvd
> > drive?
> >
> > i have it installed on a SATA hdd.
> >
> > any help plz?

Muzman

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
Edit/ Would having an IDE hdd connected be the cause..

is it worth disconnecting it and then starting up?

"Muzman" wrote:

> ive tried doing the System repair but it doesnt pick anything up?
>
> ive reinstalled, in hope of it being a one off, but still the same result.
>
> "peter" wrote:
>
> > about 1/2 way down the page
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/winre/archive/...sing-file.aspx
> >
> > peter
> > "Muzman" <Muzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have just installed Vista Home Premium 64bit on my system.
> > >
> > > it works fine, but i can only boot up by having the Vista dvd in the dvd
> > > drive?
> > >
> > > i have it installed on a SATA hdd.
> > >
> > > any help plz?

peter

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
Is Vista Installed on the SATA or the IDE??
Did you load the SATA drivers from your MOBO CD during the Vista Install??
Which drive is listed as the 1st..2nd boot drive in the BIOS??
> Edit/ Would having an IDE hdd connected be the cause..
>
> is it worth disconnecting it and then starting up?
>
> "Muzman" wrote:
>
>> ive tried doing the System repair but it doesnt pick anything up?
>>
>> ive reinstalled, in hope of it being a one off, but still the same
>> result.
>>
>> "peter" wrote:
>>
>> > about 1/2 way down the page
>> > http://blogs.msdn.com/winre/archive/...sing-file.aspx
>> >
>> > peter

Muzman

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
Vista is installed on the Sata with all correct drivers.

Its the dvd-rom is first and then HDD second

but the boot setup, is the sata drive first

"peter" wrote:

> Is Vista Installed on the SATA or the IDE??
> Did you load the SATA drivers from your MOBO CD during the Vista Install??
> Which drive is listed as the 1st..2nd boot drive in the BIOS??
> peter
> "Muzman" <Muzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Edit/ Would having an IDE hdd connected be the cause..
> >
> > is it worth disconnecting it and then starting up?
> >
> > "Muzman" wrote:
> >
> >> ive tried doing the System repair but it doesnt pick anything up?
> >>
> >> ive reinstalled, in hope of it being a one off, but still the same
> >> result.

John Barnes

Re: Vista 64-bit Boot
Your boot files probably got installed on your IDE drive. You usually can
correct that by disconnecting the IDE drive (unplug the power) and then
running the startup repair process from the DVD. You can change the first
drive in boot priority to the IDE drive if you plan on keeping it in your
system.