CD/DVD driver missing durring install

redrob2

CD/DVD driver missing durring install

Thanks for helping in advance. I'll try to be short and to the point
here. I'm installing Vista 64 fresh on a new built machine but get
stuck durring the install when it prompts me and says that "CD/DVD
drivers are missing". The following is my setup:

- Asus P5K Deluxe
- e6750 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo
- dual channel OCZ RAM (2 GB)
- ATI Radeon 2600 XT (HIS overclocked model)
- Pioneer 112D DVD (IDE)
- 500 GB Seagate 7200.10 (SATA)I have tried using 2 other DVD drives, and switching it from primary to
secondary ... no luck there. The DVD and HD are recognizing when I am
supposed to browse for drivers so they can be seen by the system. I'm
at a loss now. Any thoughts on what this might be? Any help would be
very much appreciated!

-Rob

--
redrob2
Rick Rogers

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install
Hi,

Try showing it the storage manager driver Asus supplies for that
motherboard:
http://support.asus.com/download/dow...l=P5K%20Deluxe

The driver:
http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...M_V7501017.rar

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"redrob2" <redrob2.2uv3g6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Thanks for helping in advance. I'll try to be short and to the point
> here. I'm installing Vista 64 fresh on a new built machine but get
> stuck durring the install when it prompts me and says that "CD/DVD
> drivers are missing". The following is my setup:
>
> - Asus P5K Deluxe
> - e6750 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo
> - dual channel OCZ RAM (2 GB)
> - ATI Radeon 2600 XT (HIS overclocked model)
> - Pioneer 112D DVD (IDE)
> - 500 GB Seagate 7200.10 (SATA)I have tried using 2 other DVD drives, and
> switching it from primary to
> secondary ... no luck there. The DVD and HD are recognizing when I am
> supposed to browse for drivers so they can be seen by the system. I'm
> at a loss now. Any thoughts on what this might be? Any help would be
> very much appreciated!
>
> -Rob
>

> --
> redrob2

redrob2

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install

That looks like an executable, but nothing that the installer could pick
up for drivers. I tried and its not picking anything up. Any other
thoughts?

--
redrob2
Rick Rogers

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install
Hi,

It's a .rar file, a form of compression like .zip, you need to expand it to
extract the contents. If you don't have a .rar utility, there are several
freeware ones available:
http://www.google.com/search?source=...eeware+utility

--

"redrob2" <redrob2.2uv683@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> That looks like an executable, but nothing that the installer could pick
> up for drivers. I tried and its not picking anything up. Any other
> thoughts?
>

> --
> redrob2

redrob2

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install

I did unrar the file and all I saw was basically an Asus .exe file. I
did try re-installing vista and have it look to these files to find the
driver. It didn't find the driver it needed. I'm used to seeing .ini
files used for drivers but there aren't any in this, and I'm guessing
this is why it didn't find the driver I needed. I should have been more
clear as to what I did last time. Sorry, but thanks for the help.

-Rob

--
redrob2
Chad Harris

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install
Hi redrob2--

Don't you mean that the drive not the driver is not showing? If so try to
elminate the filter values if they exist per this MSKB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned
in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry
subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To
verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the
Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Good luck,

CH

"redrob2" <redrob2.2uv3g6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Thanks for helping in advance. I'll try to be short and to the point
> here. I'm installing Vista 64 fresh on a new built machine but get
> stuck durring the install when it prompts me and says that "CD/DVD
> drivers are missing". The following is my setup:
>
> - Asus P5K Deluxe
> - e6750 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo
> - dual channel OCZ RAM (2 GB)
> - ATI Radeon 2600 XT (HIS overclocked model)
> - Pioneer 112D DVD (IDE)
> - 500 GB Seagate 7200.10 (SATA)I have tried using 2 other DVD drives, and
> switching it from primary to
> secondary ... no luck there. The DVD and HD are recognizing when I am
> supposed to browse for drivers so they can be seen by the system. I'm
> at a loss now. Any thoughts on what this might be? Any help would be
> very much appreciated!
>
> -Rob
>

> --
> redrob2

redrob2

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install

Actually what I said before was correct, durring install Vista is
looking for a driver. I can see both the hard drive, CD/DVD drive,
floppy, and USB drives when I am trying to look for the missing driver.

Would the SATA & IDE mode settings in the BIOS have any effect on this?
I've played around with them but doesn't seem to change anything.
Could it be a bad MB? I hate to jump to that conclusion because it
seems to be working fine.

Just a quick update, I went back and hunted through the entire DVD of
drivers Asus provided with the motherboard and I went through literally
levery folder to find the missing driver ... no luck. I haven't built a
system in like 5 years and I used to build systems for a job when I was
in college for 4 years. I feel like such a noob now and its so
frustrating! But thanks again for everyone helping me!

--
redrob2
Freak5

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install
I've the same problem.
My motherboard is the P5WDG2 WS Prof
My DVD drive is an Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7170A
And I don't know how to fix that either. I just know that there are many
Nec and LG drives having this Problem.
Swango2002

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install

Ok guys I searched and searched because like a dummy I erased vista to
reinstall but put in a 32 bit instead of x64.... Long story short I
formatted my raid0 drive and had no OS.

When I tried to put in the new OS (tried xp x64 and Vista x86 and x64)
they all said the same thing. cd\dvd driver was missing. tried to load
cd drivers but of course the cd drive couldnt be read and since a lot of
new computers dont have floppy discs well I had a problem. It was 4 am
and I dont use flash drives so that was not an option either.

What I did do was simple (after days of reading) I got my external USB
hard drive and loaded my drivers on this and plugged it into the USB
port AFTER the system booted to the Vista CD. I did it first a couple
times but the external kept showing as my master. Once you get the
master to show where it should you can plug the USB. The drivers needed
are NOT the cd\dvd drivers at all but the RAID CONTROLLER and THE SATA
ATA CONTROLLER drivers. There was 3 all together but I cant remember the
3rd. If you check the "hide irrellevent drivers" you just highlight all
the rest and click next. then your hard drive will show in the list of
"where would you like to install vista" For anyone who (like myself)
dont know where to get the RAID drivers sheck the *chipset driver
package* for your computer. Mine was a gateway lx 6810-01 and it was in
.exe so I used 7 zip to extract the .exe into a folder and moved it to
the external HDD. you can use a flash drive if you have one. My folder
was only 200 megs so it doesnt have to be big. I know this thread is old
but I googled my problem and this thread came up and I read it multiple
times. Someone else might do the same and I hope this helps. Anybody has
anymore questions about THIS problem leave them here Ill try to help. I
have worked on my friends and family's computers for 9 years now but AM
NOT an expert in any way. Just good at figuring stuff out Thanks to
the experts who make these forums...

--
Swango2002
veckin

Re: CD/DVD driver missing durring install

@Swango
Hey man, I have the same problem as you, and the same computer. So, can
you tell me exactly what you did to get the installation to work? I
didn't pay M$ $200 for more problems.

--
veckin