bought Vista and want to install on two pc's

motosport_21

bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?
Seth

Re: bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
"motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
> computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

Only if you buy an additional license.

motosport_21

Re: bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
How do I do that? Can I do that at the retail store or do I call microsoft
and do it over the phone?

"Seth" wrote:

> "motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
> > computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

> Only if you buy an additional license.

Rick Rogers

Re: bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
Hi,

Sure, as soon as you get a license for the second pc:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/default.mspx

Unlike MS Office, which generally allows for installing on one desktop and
one laptop, a Windows license is good for one installation on one machine.
Additional installs require additional licenses.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
> computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

Bruce Chambers

motosport_21 wrote:
> I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
> computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each computer on
which you install it.

Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.

If you have Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
additional licenses, at a reduced cost:

Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> How do I do that? Can I do that at the retail store or do I call microsoft
> and do it over the phone?

Same place you bought your last copy. Same packaging, same cost.

> "Seth" wrote:
>
>> "motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
>> > computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

>> Only if you buy an additional license.

John Barnes

Re: bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
License only is available for about $10 to $20 less than the full packaging.

"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I do that? Can I do that at the retail store or do I call
>> microsoft
>> and do it over the phone?

> Same place you bought your last copy. Same packaging, same cost.
>

>> "Seth" wrote:
>>
>>> "motosport_21" <motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Only if you buy an additional license.

Leythos

Re: bought Vista and want to install on two pc's
In article <3D8AEF8F-9ECA-49BA-B7BD-BF47F7788D6B@microsoft.com>,
motosport21@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I just bought Vista at the store and am going to install it on my main
> computer. Can I install it on my upstairs computer as well?

Sure, just purchase another legal copy/license and you can install it on
another computer.

Why didn't you read the license agreement?

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"