Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?

Soulsonsix

Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask about my
software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and Home
edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still open
with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within the
trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or can I
make it change before then?
--
Thank you,

W.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed and
you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office and
no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or Works
with their computers.

"Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask about
> my
> software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
> computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and
> edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still open
> with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within the
> trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or
> can I
> make it change before then?
> --
> Thank you,
>
> W.

Soulsonsix

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Richard,

Thanks for your response. I hoped my explanation wouldn't be too
convoluted, but I may not have been clear enough.

I did purchase the upgrade as mentioned, online. I recieved a notice
indicating the purchase was complete, too. So, should I be concerned that
the programs still show as "(Trial)"? Do I need to reload them, somehow?
Or, is this due to the trial period still having sway over my purchase
transaction? I know that sounds ludicrous - it just shows that I'm a novice.
:-)
--
Thank you,

W.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed and
> you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
> have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office and
> no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
> manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or Works
> with their computers.

> "Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask about
> > my
> > software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
> > computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and
> > edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still open
> > with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within the
> > trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or
> > can I
> > make it change before then?
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > W.

John Barnes

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
As Richard pointed out, you have to buy the FULL version of Office, not the
upgrade. The trial is NOT a qualifying product for upgrade versions. If
you look on the web you can find a cheap oem version of an older version of
Word which you could install and qualify for the upgrade.

> Richard,
>
> Thanks for your response. I hoped my explanation wouldn't be too
> convoluted, but I may not have been clear enough.
>
> I did purchase the upgrade as mentioned, online. I recieved a notice
> indicating the purchase was complete, too. So, should I be concerned that
> the programs still show as "(Trial)"? Do I need to reload them, somehow?
> Or, is this due to the trial period still having sway over my purchase
> transaction? I know that sounds ludicrous - it just shows that I'm a
> novice.
> :-)
> --
> Thank you,
>
> W.
>

> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed
>> and
>> you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
>> have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office
>> and
>> no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
>> manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or
>> Works
>> with their computers.

>> "Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask
>> > about
>> > my
>> > software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
>> > computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and
>> > edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still
>> > open
>> > with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within
>> > the
>> > trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or
>> > can I
>> > make it change before then?
>> > --
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > W.

Nepatsfan

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
In news:97FBF2E3-F7B3-454B-9F00-8CE7B6DEFD81@microsoft.com,
Soulsonsix <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted
> to ask
> about my software identification. I have (recently
> purchased, just
> this week) a computer with Vista already installed, and after
> buying
> the Student and Home edition upgrade online, my programs
> (Word and
> Excel, at least) still open with 'trial edition' in the
> title. Is
> this because I'm still within the trial period? Will it
> automatically convert after the trial period, or can I make
> it change
> before then?

Where online did you buy the Home and Student edition?

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is not an upgrade. It
consists of the full versions of 4 office programs, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. It is a boxed product which can
be purchased at a number of retail outlets. If you purchased it
from an online vendor they would need to ship you the product.
Once you receive the product, you should uninstall the trial
version of Office before installing Office Home and Student.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Richard G. Harper

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Frankly, I don't have a clue how the online Office activation process works,
I've never been tempted to try it. Since this is more of an Office problem
than a Vista problem you might want to wander over to a Microsoft Office
forum and get some help there.

"Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for your response. I hoped my explanation wouldn't be too
> convoluted, but I may not have been clear enough.
>
> I did purchase the upgrade as mentioned, online. I recieved a notice
> indicating the purchase was complete, too. So, should I be concerned that
> the programs still show as "(Trial)"? Do I need to reload them, somehow?
> Or, is this due to the trial period still having sway over my purchase
> transaction? I know that sounds ludicrous - it just shows that I'm a
> novice.
> :-)
> --
> Thank you,
>
> W.
>

> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed
>> and
>> you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
>> have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office
>> and
>> no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
>> manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or
>> Works
>> with their computers.

>> "Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask
>> > about
>> > my
>> > software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
>> > computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and
>> > edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still
>> > open
>> > with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within
>> > the
>> > trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or
>> > can I
>> > make it change before then?
>> > --
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > W.

thecreator

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Hi W,

You need to return the upgrade product and explain the situation as to
why you are returning it, or live with the idea it may cease to function.

An Upgrade is for users who have already purchased the full version of
any product and want to always run the latest version. The upgrade ahould
uninstall the current version automatically and install the upgrade
automatically.

You have the Trial version installed. The Trial version does not qualify
for Upgrade status. You must already own the product. (paid for it)

The Trial version must be manually uninstalled, before installing the
paid version.

--
thecreator

"Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the internet, and wanted to ask about
> my
> software identification. I have (recently purchased, just this week) a
> computer with Vista already installed, and after buying the Student and
> edition upgrade online, my programs (Word and Excel, at least) still open
> with 'trial edition' in the title. Is this because I'm still within the
> trial period? Will it automatically convert after the trial period, or
> can I
> make it change before then?
> --
> Thank you,
>
> W.

Soulsonsix

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Great idea, Richard. I'll do that!
--
Thank you,

W.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Frankly, I don't have a clue how the online Office activation process works,
> I've never been tempted to try it. Since this is more of an Office problem
> than a Vista problem you might want to wander over to a Microsoft Office
> forum and get some help there.

> "Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for your response. I hoped my explanation wouldn't be too
> > convoluted, but I may not have been clear enough.
> >
> > I did purchase the upgrade as mentioned, online. I recieved a notice
> > indicating the purchase was complete, too. So, should I be concerned that
> > the programs still show as "(Trial)"? Do I need to reload them, somehow?
> > Or, is this due to the trial period still having sway over my purchase
> > transaction? I know that sounds ludicrous - it just shows that I'm a
> > novice.
> > :-)
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > W.
> >

> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed
> >> and
> >> you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
> >> have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office
> >> and
> >> no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
> >> manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or
> >> Works
> >> with their computers.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Soulsonsix

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Thanks, John; that's a great suggestion. I'm double checking as I type, and
yes, I've purchased a full version of Office 2007. Excuse me for identifying
it as an upgrade. Richard pointed out that I should check out the Office
threads, since this appears to be more of an issue with that product. I
appreciate your response, though!
--
Thank you,

W.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> As Richard pointed out, you have to buy the FULL version of Office, not the
> upgrade. The trial is NOT a qualifying product for upgrade versions. If
> you look on the web you can find a cheap oem version of an older version of
> Word which you could install and qualify for the upgrade.
>
> "Soulsonsix" <Soulsonsix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for your response. I hoped my explanation wouldn't be too
> > convoluted, but I may not have been clear enough.
> >
> > I did purchase the upgrade as mentioned, online. I recieved a notice
> > indicating the purchase was complete, too. So, should I be concerned that
> > the programs still show as "(Trial)"? Do I need to reload them, somehow?
> > Or, is this due to the trial period still having sway over my purchase
> > transaction? I know that sounds ludicrous - it just shows that I'm a
> > novice.
> > :-)
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > W.
> >

> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> The computer probably came with only a trial version of Office installed
> >> and
> >> you'll need to purchase a full version - or a license for the version you
> >> have - before the trial period expires. Vista does not come with Office
> >> and
> >> no version of Windows has ever come with Office, though many computer
> >> manufacturers have "bundled" either free or trial copies of Office or
> >> Works
> >> with their computers.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Soulsonsix

Re: Trial Edition showing after purchasing/installing Office 2007?
Thanks for the info, Nepatsfan; it's very helpful to my understanding. I
bought the Office software through the Microsoft site. I think I've used the
wrong terms to describe my purchase, 'upgrade' instead of 'full edition'.

Can you add any more info about the online purchase process?
--
Thank you,

W.