Administrator Password

Adminestrator password

Administrator Password
I bought this new compoter 3 months ago and put a password on to keep my kids
from accessing programs . i forgot the password . is there a way of
reseting it
Rick Rogers

Re: Administrator Password
Hi,

If you created a password reset disk, then yes. If you can log onto another
administrator account, then yes. If you can google for the proper terms on
resetting an admin password with a third party tool, then yes. Otherwise no.

I find it intriguing that you have been using a system and password for
three months and have suddenly forgotten it. The numerous spelling and
grammatical errors in your post make it just that more curious.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Adminestrator password" <Adminestrator password@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message newsA684414-C179-44F0-AE8C-047A20A0C496@microsoft.com...
>I bought this new compoter 3 months ago and put a password on to keep my
>kids
> from accessing programs . i forgot the password . is there a way of
> reseting it

GreenieLeBrun

Re: Administrator Password
Adminestrator password wrote:
> I bought this new compoter 3 months ago and put a password on to keep
> my kids from accessing programs . i forgot the password . is there
> a way of reseting it

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system (Win2000, XP and Vista are all NT class operating system).

Ian Betts

Re: Administrator Password
Rick was it really necessary to point out gram errors in an email?

Thanks Greenie, that password link was good and useful.

> Hi,
>
> If you created a password reset disk, then yes. If you can log onto
> another administrator account, then yes. If you can google for the proper
> terms on resetting an admin password with a third party tool, then yes.
> Otherwise no.
>
> I find it intriguing that you have been using a system and password for
> three months and have suddenly forgotten it. The numerous spelling and
> grammatical errors in your post make it just that more curious.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP.

Rick Rogers

Re: Administrator Password
> Rick was it really necessary to point out gram errors in an email?

You missed the point.

>> Rick was it really necessary to point out gram errors in an email?

> You missed the point.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

I missed noting but the I do not act like a teacher?

--
Ian

With patience there is always a way.

Please Reply to Newsgroup so all can read.
Requests for assistance by email can not and will be deleted.

Rick Rogers

Re: Administrator Password
> I missed noting but the I do not act like a teacher?

The comment had nothing to do with a lesson in grammer or spelling, Ian.

>> I missed noting but the I do not act like a teacher?

> The comment had nothing to do with a lesson in grammer or spelling, Ian.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Well I just don't know what else this conveys.

> I find it intriguing that you have been using a system and password for
> three months and have suddenly forgotten it. The numerous spelling and
> grammatical errors in your post make it just that more curious.

--
Ian

With patience there is always a way.

Please Reply to Newsgroup so all can read.
Requests for assistance by email can not and will be deleted.

Rick Rogers

Re: Administrator Password
That portion of the response was a sardonic comment meant to wistfully imply
that the person posing the question may not be who he/she said they were,
but were in fact their progeny - those that were meant to be kept out of the
system to begin with.

In plainer language: Kiddies trying to crack or bypass their parent's
passwords. Spelling errors and poor grammer are more likely to be employed
by the youth, and it is highly unlikely that someone using the same password
for 3 months would suddenly forget it.