Changing the Install language for Vista

wuzza

Changing the Install language for Vista
Hi, I recently bought a new computer, it's my first time using Vista.

I'm in Korea, so obviously, the default language is Korean, but I'm thinking
there must be a simple way of switching the languages.

Last time I bought a computer over here, there was an option on my first
boot that asked me whether I wanted English of Korean Windows XP. There was
no option this time around.

As I'm unfamiliar with Vista, this is a real inconvenience.

Any help is really appreciated.
bbintokyo

RE: Changing the Install language for Vista
In the Wecome Center page upon startup, click on Windows Extras...a page will
pop up in the default language but should say Windows Update in English. I
believe the button on the right will install all the detected updates to be
installed. Click on that and when it it finally finishes, you'll be able to
scroll down and see the language packs available. Choose English language
pack to install. Once it's done, go to the control panel and locate the
language section...it's the second choice by the clock icon in non-classic
view. There you should have a choice of Korean and English. Clicking
English will install it on your machine. Good luck!

"wuzza" wrote:

> Hi, I recently bought a new computer, it's my first time using Vista.
>
> I'm in Korea, so obviously, the default language is Korean, but I'm thinking
> there must be a simple way of switching the languages.
>
> Last time I bought a computer over here, there was an option on my first
> boot that asked me whether I wanted English of Korean Windows XP. There was
> no option this time around.
>
> As I'm unfamiliar with Vista, this is a real inconvenience.
>
> Any help is really appreciated.

John Barnes

Re: Changing the Install language for Vista
If you have Vista Ultimate you can choose the language packs in Windows
Updates, otherwise on a preinstalled version you are out of luck.