Unable to install HP installation program!

Jakecapt

Unable to install HP installation program!
I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
I did get the following
Fatal Error message:
Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
someone with this on going problem.
Malke

Re: Unable to install HP installation program!
Jakecapt wrote:
> I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
> with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
> the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
> and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
> Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
> with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
> and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
> I did get the following
> Fatal Error message:
> Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
> Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
> someone with this on going problem.

Don't use the CD that came with the printer. Go to HP's website and
download Vista drivers for that printer. Run the driver installation
program. Don't attach the printer until the installation program tells
you to.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Chuck

Re: Unable to install HP installation program!
No, I didn't use the CD that came with it. I did D/L the one from their web
page and still no luck. "Run the driver program" Great phase, to bad it
doesn't complete the installation in order to complete the configing of the
program and as for the USB, I didn't connect until it asked for it. Thanks
for your reply. Anymore help?

"Malke" wrote:

> Jakecapt wrote:
> > I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
> > with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
> > the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
> > and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
> > Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
> > with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
> > and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
> > I did get the following
> > Fatal Error message:
> > Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
> > Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
> > someone with this on going problem.

> Don't use the CD that came with the printer. Go to HP's website and
> download Vista drivers for that printer. Run the driver installation
> program. Don't attach the printer until the installation program tells
> you to.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

mlarson47

RE: Unable to install HP installation program!
Were you ever able to install your printer. I have spent hours with HP, and
nothing works. They put it all back on Vista, but I could find nothing about
this error. I still have no printer. I get the exact error and have tried
everything.

just wondering.
Thanks

"Jakecapt" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
> with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
> the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
> and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
> Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
> with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
> and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
> I did get the following
> Fatal Error message:
> Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
> Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
> someone with this on going problem.

AJR

Re: Unable to install HP installation program!
Do not understand result of your contact with HP. Had same problem wsith a
three-in-one (4510) - the "98%" install is addressed on the HP support site,
however suggested solution did not help..

As a soluton I decided to use the "custom" install option - tuirned out the
options were grayed out with notation that they were already installed.
(except for the basic 4510 driver).

I did have a previous HP three-in-one installed and uninstalled via the
Control Panel and assumed the unistallation was complete - after searching
around the HP support site I found an utility (provided by HP) to completely
uninstall the previous printer - after that - no problems.

Suggest try installing via the custom option and verifying the "options" are
not indicated as being installed (providing that you had a previous printer
installed).

"mlarson47" <mlarson47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Were you ever able to install your printer. I have spent hours with HP,
> and
> nothing works. They put it all back on Vista, but I could find nothing
> about
> this error. I still have no printer. I get the exact error and have
> tried
> everything.
>
> just wondering.
> Thanks
>
> "Jakecapt" wrote:
>
>> I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that
>> comes
>> with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets
>> the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've
>> chatted
>> and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista
>> issue.
>> Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that
>> came
>> with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with
>> installation
>> and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the
>> installations
>> I did get the following
>> Fatal Error message:
>> Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
>> Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
>> someone with this on going problem.

antknee802

"Jakecapt" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
> with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
> the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
> and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
> Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
> with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
> and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
> I did get the following
> Fatal Error message:
> Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
> Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
> someone with this on going problem.

jaz

RE: Unable to install HP installation program!
I have exact same problem with an HP all in one - I have ahd simila messages
trying to install some Nokia software - did you get a solution to this ?

"Jakecapt" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Prem 32 and I've been trying to install the Cd that comes
> with my new ALL-IN-ONE HP C6180 printer. When installing the program gets to
> the 98% of 4/4 of the config section and then stalls or stops. I've chatted
> and called with HP and of course it's not their program it's a vista issue.
> Call Vista and they can't talk cause my program is a EOM program that came
> with my custom made computer. Has anyone had this problem with installation
> and if so how does one correct this problem? During one of the installations
> I did get the following
> Fatal Error message:
> Microsoft.VC80.CRT, Processor Architecture="X86",type="win32",Public Key
> Token="1FC8B3B9A1E18E3B",Version="8.0.50727.91" . Maybe this will help
> someone with this on going problem.

giantlady

Re: Unable to install HP installation program!
I have the same problem, with a slight variation, trying to install my
Panasonic FLB756 All in one on my HP with Vista Home Premium. At first the
install would not complete. I kept getting an error that said it could not
locate the device. I kept responding to send the error to Microsoft when it
popped up and evenutally got a message that a new driver was available at my
vendor site. THANK YOU Microsoft. I downloaded the latest "Vista
Compatible" driver from Panasonic. It installed everything, but even though
the printer now shows in devices, when I try to add it to Printers - it says
it cannot find it. Some little glitch in there somewhere. I haven't tried
re-installing since I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.