new hard drive, cant activate vista again?

vista1003

new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now activation
period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same product
key?
Paul Randall

Re: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?

"vista1003" <vista1003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now
> activation
> period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same
> product
> key?

Your problem is very common. The screen that says your product key is
already in use should give you a phone number to call. I've heard it takes
only 5 or 10 minutes to explain the situation and get it resolved.

-Paul Randall

John Barnes

Re: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
Use telephone activation and explain your situation

"vista1003" <vista1003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now
> activation
> period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same
> product
> key?

Dave

Re: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
Use the telephone method, call & tell them what you did. They should give
you a new key.

"vista1003" <vista1003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now
> activation
> period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same
> product
> key?

DANIEL

RE: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
activate it by phone-it worked for me

"vista1003" wrote:

> i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now activation
> period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same product
> key?

DANIEL

RE: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
try activating by phone-worked for me.

"vista1003" wrote:

> i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now activation
> period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same product
> key?

Lloyd

RE: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
I have the same problem and do not want to use my old hard drive. However, I
knew it would be an activation numer problem so have not installed my new
larger drive.
I tried to find the phone number to use on Microsoft's site, but only found
$59 per incident number. Do you have the other number? Thanks.
Lloyd

"DANIEL" wrote:

> activate it by phone-it worked for me
>
> "vista1003" wrote:
>
> > i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
> > reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now activation
> > period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already in
> > use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same product
> > key?

Dustin Harper

Re: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
When you come to the Activation screen (after you install the HD, if you
need to reactivate), you can select your location, and the phone number will
be there. It costs nothing to reactivate that way.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem and do not want to use my old hard drive. However,
> knew it would be an activation numer problem so have not installed my new
> larger drive.
> I tried to find the phone number to use on Microsoft's site, but only
> found
> $59 per incident number. Do you have the other number? Thanks.
> Lloyd
>

> "DANIEL" wrote:
>
>> activate it by phone-it worked for me
>>
>> "vista1003" wrote:
>>
>> > i installed windows vista ultimate, but got a new larger hard drive and
>> > reinstalled vista, but it kept having trouble activating and now
>> > activation
>> > period has expired. I typed in my product key and it says its already
>> > in
>> > use. how do i re install windows vista on my computer with the same
>> > product
>> > key?

Lloyd

Re: new hard drive, cant activate vista again?
Thanks
--
Lloyd