Cannot start application installer"F:\ENG\install\8220\inst32.exe

enjoylifeman29

Cannot start application installer"F:\ENG\install\8220\inst32.exe
Hi,
When my laptop with vista ultimate finishes loading at start up i get the
following
cannot start application installer "F:\Eng\install\8220\inst32.exe" then
error code 21.
If iclick exit it goes away and does not appear to affect the running of the
laptop.
I would be grateful if anyone can advise me how to get rid of problem.
I am not very computer savvy so would appreciate a not too techy answer.
Thanks
Rick Rogers

Re: Cannot start application installer"F:\ENG\install\8220\inst32.exe
Hi,

Simplest thing to start with is to run msconfig (just type it into the
search box) and check the startup tab for an entry that loads that.
Unchecking it may be all you need to do, it may simply be the remnant of an
installer that was not properly removed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"enjoylifeman29" <enjoylifeman29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When my laptop with vista ultimate finishes loading at start up i get the
> following
> cannot start application installer "F:\Eng\install\8220\inst32.exe" then
> error code 21.
> If iclick exit it goes away and does not appear to affect the running of
> the
> laptop.
> I would be grateful if anyone can advise me how to get rid of problem.
> I am not very computer savvy so would appreciate a not too techy answer.
> Thanks

enjoylifeman29

Re: Cannot start application installer"F:\ENG\install\8220\inst32.
Hi Rick,
Sorry for delay in replying Mum taken ill(ok now though).
Followed your instructions removing tick seemed to work except for the fact
that the box says it is in diagnostic mode and computer needs to restart.
When it does the tick comes back and same problem occurs.
Please can you advise how to take it off permanently.
Really appreciate your help.

Steve

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Simplest thing to start with is to run msconfig (just type it into the
> search box) and check the startup tab for an entry that loads that.
> Unchecking it may be all you need to do, it may simply be the remnant of an
> installer that was not properly removed.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "enjoylifeman29" <enjoylifeman29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > When my laptop with vista ultimate finishes loading at start up i get the
> > following
> > cannot start application installer "F:\Eng\install\8220\inst32.exe" then
> > error code 21.
> > If iclick exit it goes away and does not appear to affect the running of
> > the
> > laptop.
> > I would be grateful if anyone can advise me how to get rid of problem.
> > I am not very computer savvy so would appreciate a not too techy answer.
> > Thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Cannot start application installer"F:\ENG\install\8220\inst32.
Hi,

Try using the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301