Vista Business Activation and Imaging

REMY

Vista Business Activation and Imaging
I plan on creating a creating a Vista Business stnadardized image for our
company and have the following question.

(1) I will be activating the "master" image prior to ghosting or using
imagex (more likely imagex) - CAN I use this activated image then sysprep it
and THEN apply it to my other machines?

(2) Basically, since I am applying it on our other machines which may be
different in model, will it require be to RE-Activate?

We use MAKS.

Thank you.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista Business Activation and Imaging
Each computer requires its own separate product key so
it does not matter whether you activate the master image.
You'll still have to activate each installation.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

"REMY" <remy@msn.com> wrote in message news:uFc8duQxHHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
I plan on creating a creating a Vista Business stnadardized image for our
company and have the following question.

(1) I will be activating the "master" image prior to ghosting or using
imagex (more likely imagex) - CAN I use this activated image then sysprep it
and THEN apply it to my other machines?

(2) Basically, since I am applying it on our other machines which may be
different in model, will it require be to RE-Activate?

We use MAKS.

Thank you.

Steve Gauvin

Re: Vista Business Activation and Imaging
For activated Vista in a business, I will recommand using KMS server when
you have 25 and more vista computer.

If you have not 25 or more vista or you can not use KMS, ask a MAK key with
the required activation. Generally, a MAK key activate more than one vista,
when you ask Microsoft for your MAK key ask for 100, 200 ... activation with
the same MAK key.

Steve

"REMY" <remy@msn.com> wrote in message
>I plan on creating a creating a Vista Business stnadardized image for our
>company and have the following question.
>
> (1) I will be activating the "master" image prior to ghosting or using
> imagex (more likely imagex) - CAN I use this activated image then sysprep
> it and THEN apply it to my other machines?
>
> (2) Basically, since I am applying it on our other machines which may be
> different in model, will it require be to RE-Activate?
>
> We use MAKS.
>
> Thank you.

Tim Mintner \(MS\)

Re: Vista Business Activation and Imaging
If you are using KMS then you won't need to enter the MAK key on the client.
You need to enter the KMS key on the KMS server and clients will activate
against that server.