Sound problem with intel Desktop Board D945GPM and Vista Home prem

goldens

Sound problem with intel Desktop Board D945GPM and Vista Home prem
Have two sound problems one minor and one major.
Minor:
I am on dial up and when I dial up no sound of dialing.
Major:
Cannot record sound. In contro panel -Sound- recording it states that no
recording devices are installed yet it is built in the motherboard and used
to work in XP. Any advise on how to get and install drives to correct the
problem. Nine in windows update.
Thanks
John W
dean-dean

Re: Sound problem with intel Desktop Board D945GPM and Vista Home prem
The latest audio driver for Vista on Intel Desktop Board D945GPM appears to
be here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...sub mit=Go%21

You may also have to right-click the Sound icon in the notification area,
and choose Recording Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an
empty spot of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled
Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

"goldens" <goldens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have two sound problems one minor and one major.
> Minor:
> I am on dial up and when I dial up no sound of dialing.
> Major:
> Cannot record sound. In contro panel -Sound- recording it states that no
> recording devices are installed yet it is built in the motherboard and
> used
> to work in XP. Any advise on how to get and install drives to correct the
> problem. Nine in windows update.
> Thanks
> John W

goldens

"dean-dean" wrote:

> The latest audio driver for Vista on Intel Desktop Board D945GPM appears to
> be here:
>
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...sub mit=Go%21
>
> You may also have to right-click the Sound icon in the notification area,
> and choose Recording Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an
> empty spot of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled
> Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
>
> "goldens" <goldens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have two sound problems one minor and one major.
> > Minor:
> > I am on dial up and when I dial up no sound of dialing.
> > Major:
> > Cannot record sound. In contro panel -Sound- recording it states that no
> > recording devices are installed yet it is built in the motherboard and
> > used
> > to work in XP. Any advise on how to get and install drives to correct the
> > problem. Nine in windows update.
> > Thanks
> > John W

goldens

Re: Sound problem with intel Desktop Board D945GPM and Vista Home
Thanks Dean,
I did download the latest drivers from intel along with a bios update
and the sound recording works. For some reason the installiation took out
three programs which I had to reload but now vista is working fine except for
the minor problem of no dial sound when the modem is dialing. I had such a
problem installing Vista that I think I will leave the vista upgrade for my
dell lap top in the box and keep using Windows Xp on the Dell.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> The latest audio driver for Vista on Intel Desktop Board D945GPM appears to
> be here:
>
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...sub mit=Go%21
>
> You may also have to right-click the Sound icon in the notification area,
> and choose Recording Devices. On the Recording tab of Sound, right-click an
> empty spot of the window, and put a checkmark next to "Show Disabled
> Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
>
> "goldens" <goldens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have two sound problems one minor and one major.
> > Minor:
> > I am on dial up and when I dial up no sound of dialing.
> > Major:
> > Cannot record sound. In contro panel -Sound- recording it states that no
> > recording devices are installed yet it is built in the motherboard and
> > used
> > to work in XP. Any advise on how to get and install drives to correct the
> > problem. Nine in windows update.
> > Thanks
> > John W

dean-dean

Re: Sound problem with intel Desktop Board D945GPM and Vista Home
I'm glad to hear your sound recording is working. Your dialing sound, I
think, is a function of the Modem driver, which you may also have to find a
Vista compatible driver for, from the manufacturer. You may have already
done this, but in Device Mangager, double-click on the device under Modems,
and check to see if it has a volume control on one of the tabs.