Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

sd card driver problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007
Furie
 

Posts: n/a
sd card driver problem
I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb cable for
it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is asking
for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd 45x
256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??

regards
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sd card driver problem
Get a new USB cable.

"Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EA187773-072C-4F93-A142-ADCE1943B030@microsoft.com...
>I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb cable
>for
> it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is
> asking
> for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd 45x
> 256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??
>
> regards


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sd card driver problem
Are you sure it is not asking for a driver for the Card Reader and not for
the card itself?
Does the card reader show up in device manager?

"John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message
news:OooE5mixHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Get a new USB cable.
>
> "Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EA187773-072C-4F93-A142-ADCE1943B030@microsoft.com...
>>I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb cable
>>for
>> it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is
>> asking
>> for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd 45x
>> 256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??
>>
>> regards

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sd card driver problem
Good catch. Unfortunately Vista support seems very slim for card readers,
mine aren't supported and most likely won't be. They are inexpensive,
change models frequently and usually they don't bother with older models.
Hope he is lucky now that you pointed him in the right direction, otherwise
how much is a new cable.

"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
news:0E16A22F-122E-43E9-BA4A-595A0EC13515@microsoft.com...
> Are you sure it is not asking for a driver for the Card Reader and not for
> the card itself?
> Does the card reader show up in device manager?
>
> "John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message
> news:OooE5mixHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Get a new USB cable.
>>
>> "Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EA187773-072C-4F93-A142-ADCE1943B030@microsoft.com...
>>>I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb cable
>>>for
>>> it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is
>>> asking
>>> for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd 45x
>>> 256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??
>>>
>>> regards

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2007
Furie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sd card driver problem
I bought a portable computer and the first time i started it, it installed
everything automaticly. The cardreader is integrated in the portable, so i
asume that vista should know it or it should afterwards find it in the
programs. Buying a new usb cable is an option too, but i fear that the result
would be the same.

Greetz

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Good catch. Unfortunately Vista support seems very slim for card readers,
> mine aren't supported and most likely won't be. They are inexpensive,
> change models frequently and usually they don't bother with older models.
> Hope he is lucky now that you pointed him in the right direction, otherwise
> how much is a new cable.
>
> "JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
> news:0E16A22F-122E-43E9-BA4A-595A0EC13515@microsoft.com...
> > Are you sure it is not asking for a driver for the Card Reader and not for
> > the card itself?
> > Does the card reader show up in device manager?
> >
> > "John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message
> > news:OooE5mixHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> Get a new USB cable.
> >>
> >> "Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:EA187773-072C-4F93-A142-ADCE1943B030@microsoft.com...
> >>>I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb cable
> >>>for
> >>> it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is
> >>> asking
> >>> for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd 45x
> >>> 256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??
> >>>
> >>> regards
> >>

> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: sd card driver problem
If it is integrated in your computer it should have had the drivers supplied
by the manufacturer if necessary, and they usually are. Do you show a
driver in device manager or is the device ! out. Most usb cameras, even one
I have had 7-8 years ago would be picked up as 'devices with removable
storage' and act pretty much like a thumb drive. Buy where you can return
it if it doesn't work.

"Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7EBC084F-60E0-4059-BAB9-4665767277A1@microsoft.com...
>I bought a portable computer and the first time i started it, it installed
> everything automaticly. The cardreader is integrated in the portable, so i
> asume that vista should know it or it should afterwards find it in the
> programs. Buying a new usb cable is an option too, but i fear that the
> result
> would be the same.
>
> Greetz
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Good catch. Unfortunately Vista support seems very slim for card
>> readers,
>> mine aren't supported and most likely won't be. They are inexpensive,
>> change models frequently and usually they don't bother with older models.
>> Hope he is lucky now that you pointed him in the right direction,
>> otherwise
>> how much is a new cable.
>>
>> "JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
>> news:0E16A22F-122E-43E9-BA4A-595A0EC13515@microsoft.com...
>> > Are you sure it is not asking for a driver for the Card Reader and not
>> > for
>> > the card itself?
>> > Does the card reader show up in device manager?
>> >
>> > "John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message
>> > news:OooE5mixHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> >> Get a new USB cable.
>> >>
>> >> "Furie" <Furie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:EA187773-072C-4F93-A142-ADCE1943B030@microsoft.com...
>> >>>I got an elder camera that works with sd memorycard. I lost the usb
>> >>>cable
>> >>>for
>> >>> it so i always putted the card in my cardreader. Now with vista it is
>> >>> asking
>> >>> for a driver for that card and it doesn't even excist (transcend sd
>> >>> 45x
>> >>> 256mb). How can i make vista read my sd card??? Anyone knows??
>> >>>
>> >>> regards
>> >>
>> >

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Activation problem when updating sound card driver NpapTEI-Crete microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 11-14-2007 15:22
problem with sound card driver for vista Ori Shimon microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware assessment 10 06-11-2007 17:39
Vista install problem - Failed to add driver package into driver s =?Utf-8?B?emlnbmVy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 03-28-2007 02:59
Help! nVidia 7950GX2 graphics card driver problem Moody Marco microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 03-17-2007 10:32
vid card driver =?Utf-8?B?Y2h1bmt5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 03-01-2007 15:36




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120