64 bit to 32 bit

CraigH

64 bit to 32 bit
I purchased an HP notebook with Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed. None of my
periferals work with the 64 bit processor.

Can I "downgrade" to the 32 bit version of Vista?

Thanks,
Craig.

Malke

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit
CraigH wrote:
> I purchased an HP notebook with Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed. None of my
> periferals work with the 64 bit processor.
>
> Can I "downgrade" to the 32 bit version of Vista?

You will need to do a clean install. You should contact HP and see if
they will take the machine back for an exchange or let you exchange your
64-bit restore disks for the 32-bit ones you want.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
AmosPC

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit

I have a copy of the 32-Bit Version Vista Ultimate with the COA. I will
trade with you for the 64 Bit Version with the COA.
What do you think?

--
AmosPC
DylanB

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit
I have the same problem, hit the HP chat, and:

Rep: as your Notebook is preinstalled with vista64 bit there is no option
to get the vista32 disc from Hp.
Rep: However, you can purchase retail version of vista from microsoft

"Malke" wrote:

> CraigH wrote:
> > I purchased an HP notebook with Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed. None of my
> > periferals work with the 64 bit processor.
> >
> > Can I "downgrade" to the 32 bit version of Vista?

> You will need to do a clean install. You should contact HP and see if
> they will take the machine back for an exchange or let you exchange your
> 64-bit restore disks for the 32-bit ones you want.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

AmosPC

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit

CraigH;379231 Wrote:
> I purchased an HP notebook with Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed. None of
> my
> periferals work with the 64 bit processor.
>
> Can I "downgrade" to the 32 bit version of Vista?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig.

Ok CraigH,
I'm not sure if you have gotten your software situation remedied yet,
but the offer still stands.

I have a copy of the 32-Bit Version Vista Ultimate with the COA. I will
trade with you for the 64 Bit Version with the COA. My software is the
official Microsoft System Builder OEM version.
What do you think?

--
AmosPC
dabutler

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit

I have the opposite problem...

I have the 32 bit version of vista premium never opened. Is there
anyway I can get the 64 bit version? Is there a way to contact
Microsoft and have them trade it out with little cost?

Thoughts?

--
dabutler
Rick Rogers

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit
Hi,

Go here, start near the bottom of the page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx

This only applies to retail packaged products. OEM are not eligible for
exchange.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"dabutler" <dabutler.31n690@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I have the opposite problem...
>
> I have the 32 bit version of vista premium never opened. Is there
> anyway I can get the 64 bit version? Is there a way to contact
> Microsoft and have them trade it out with little cost?
>
> Thoughts?
>

> --
> dabutler

Lightforge

Re: 64 bit to 32 bit
Please keep in mind that computers purchased from companies like Dell have
OEM Vista installed. This means you legally cannot move it to a new machine.
Thus you wouldn't be able to just trade the discs.