In windows Vista Setup?

Potential Windows Vista User

In windows Vista Setup?
Why do I need to pay for Windows Vista? There are no Word processors with
spell check, Excel, Power Point, or any other pieces of software that come
with it worth paying for. I can't even Play DVDs. I can do these things in
Linux and I don't have to pay so Can you tell me what I get over Linux in
Windows Vista?
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: In windows Vista Setup?
"Why do I need to pay for Windows Vista?"
Only you can answer that since it is your computer.
Research the various operating systems and get the one that best suits
your needs.
Everyone has to make their own decision and for some, Linux is the
best choice.

The other software is not a part of the operating system so its
inclusion or not is irrelevant.
There are alternatives other than Microsoft and some are free.
The alternatives are used by many that use Windows so the operating
system is not the only determining factor of what other software to
use.

Anyone who gives you a specific answer for an operating should be
viewed critically since you gave insufficient information to give you
a definitive answer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

<PotentialWindowsVistaUser@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
> Why do I need to pay for Windows Vista? There are no Word processors
> with
> spell check, Excel, Power Point, or any other pieces of software
> that come
> with it worth paying for. I can't even Play DVDs. I can do these
> things in
> Linux and I don't have to pay so Can you tell me what I get over
> Linux in
> Windows Vista?

Neil Harley

Re: In windows Vista Setup?
Potential Windows Vista User wrote:
> Why do I need to pay for Windows Vista? There are no Word processors with
> spell check, Excel, Power Point, or any other pieces of software that come
> with it worth paying for. I can't even Play DVDs. I can do these things in
> Linux and I don't have to pay so Can you tell me what I get over Linux in
> Windows Vista?

boring troll.

Paul Smith

Re: In windows Vista Setup?
"Potential Windows Vista User"
<PotentialWindowsVistaUser@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message

> Why do I need to pay for Windows Vista?

Because we live in capitalist society, and the thousands of people who
created Windows Vista need to earn a living, and the owners of Microsoft
need to make a profit on top of that.

> There are no Word processors with
> spell check, Excel, Power Point, or any other pieces of software that come
> with it worth paying for.

The Office suite of applications has always been a separate product from
Windows. I do agree that the OS should come with some spell check
functionality, for WordPad and Windows Mail for example.

> I can't even Play DVDs.

Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate can both play DVDs out of the box.

> I can do these things in
> Linux and I don't have to pay so Can you tell me what I get over Linux in
> Windows Vista?

There are free Office-clones for Windows, there's probably free DVD players
if you know where to look.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.