Troubleshoot Reinstalltion windowvista

dennis4125

Troubleshoot Reinstalltion windowvista

> Hello anybody help me please,
> This is my first time for joinning and asking about my
> computer problem.Last 4 months ago,I bought a new laptop computer
> HP-Compact Presario V6000(Window Vista home basic version) first time ever
> in my life. But the shop didn't give me a installing disc for my
> computer.the shopkeeper said that I can make a recovery disc using with
> recovery manager program from my computer.And made it.
> One month later, I got a copy window vista Ultimate disc from
> my friend and installed it for a month (actually I didn't understand
> that's need to activiate during 1 month before expired that kind of
> version).After that I tried to reinstalled my origenal version of vista
> homebasic using with my recovery disc.But there was showing that "your
> recovery disc is unable to install and error message" behind blue
> screem.And I asked to one of my friend and he tried to reinstall again my
> vista home basic.Maybe he called to costumer service and fixed it my
> computer become to genuine.But my friend is not here anymore,I don't have
> to ask anyone and I can't go back to my shop.Please try to read and help
> me as much as you can.take your time.
> Ok.the question is
> 1.How do i reinstall my window homebasic using my recovery disc?
> 2.Do I need to reactivate again if I reinstall ?
> 3.How different between genuious and none?
> 4.How can get window areo and media center for my computer (any free
> version on internet)?

> That is..Thank you very much and waiting
> for your any suggestion.
>
> Dennis

dean-dean

Re: Troubleshoot Reinstalltion windowvista
>> 1.How do i reinstall my window homebasic using my recovery disc?
Try the info provided here:
HP Notebook PCs - Using HP Recovery Manager
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...177516&lang=en

>> 2.Do I need to reactivate again if I reinstall ?

Probably not. It's the same computer. HP's Recovery Manager will do it for
you.

>> 3.How different between genuious and none?

Genuine means you can run your operating system forever. None means you
have 30 days to activate, or your operating system will stop working.

>> 4.How can get window areo and media center for my computer (any free
>> version on internet)?

A free version from the internet will put you back into the situation you
are in now...