If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?

ocelot20

If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?
Hi if a buy Windows Vista Basic or Premium will i be able to install it on my
Laptop and PC?
Richard Urban

Re: If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?
If you buy two copies of Vista you can install Vista on two PC's.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"ocelot20" <ocelot20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi if a buy Windows Vista Basic or Premium will i be able to install it on
> my
> Laptop and PC?

Bruce Chambers

ocelot20 wrote:
> Hi if a buy Windows Vista Basic or Premium will i be able to install it on my
> Laptop and PC?

No. You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each
computer on which you install it.

Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.

With Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
additional licenses, at a reduced cost:

Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

ocelot20

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> ocelot20 wrote:
> > Hi if a buy Windows Vista Basic or Premium will i be able to install it on my
> > Laptop and PC?

> No. You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each
> computer on which you install it.
>
> Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
> systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
> copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
> technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
> is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
> final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
> licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
> WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
> anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
> more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.
>
> With Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
> additional licenses, at a reduced cost:
>
> Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Thanks guys so all i have to do is click on that link and order another
license for the other computer?
Bruce Chambers

ocelot20 wrote:

> Thanks guys so all i have to do is click on that link and order another
> license for the other computer?

That link provides information, but a more direct link would be:

Windows Vista: Ordering Additional Licenses
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/default.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

motarola2

Re: If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?

mmm, dont buy another license, try to get a serial from internet once
you have purchased 1 license.
and windows XP is much better at this time than windows vista. windows
vista is very buggy, so...you should still have XP around there because
of it's stability.

--
motarola2
John Barnes

Re: If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?
Bad advice all around. Buy, don't steal.

"motarola2" <motarola2.2tkj21@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> mmm, dont buy another license, try to get a serial from internet once
> you have purchased 1 license.
> and windows XP is much better at this time than windows vista. windows
> vista is very buggy, so...you should still have XP around there because
> of it's stability.
>

> --
> motarola2

f/fgeorge

Re: If i buy Windows Vista can i use it on my Laptop and PC?
One more thing, ALOT of the problems people are having are ones that
come from upgrading from XP, or whatever, to Vista. I have several
Vista machines and have had no problems. I upgraded one pc and had
issues. Compatable is not always exact.
Also DO NOT STEAL!!!