Clean Install

Lonewolph

Clean Install
When you do a clean install, does this mean that your drive will be formatted
and you will lose all information and programs on it?
Malke

Re: Clean Install
Lonewolph wrote:
> When you do a clean install, does this mean that your drive will be formatted
> and you will lose all information and programs on it?

Yes.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Bruce Chambers

Re: Clean Install
Lonewolph wrote:
> When you do a clean install, does this mean that your drive will be formatted
> and you will lose all information and programs on it?

Yes, that is, by definition, a "clean" installation.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

John Barnett MVP

Re: Clean Install
Clean install means just that! Everything is wiped from the drive. If you
are planning on doing a clean install then make sure you have backed up all
your important data before you start.

I have an illustrated guide to installing Vista on my website:

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install_windows_vista.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Lonewolph" <Lonewolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you do a clean install, does this mean that your drive will be
> formatted
> and you will lose all information and programs on it?

Paul Smith

Re: Clean Install
"Lonewolph" <Lonewolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you do a clean install, does this mean that your drive will be
> formatted
> and you will lose all information and programs on it?

However, by default Windows Vista will move everything into a folder called
Windows.old, which cannot be booted but files can be retrieved.

The user has to specify if they want the drive actually formatted.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Arne

RE: Clean Install
The first partition on the hard drive should be 40 to 45 Gbytes. Install only
the OS on this partition. All of the other folders containing files and media
should be on a different partition. If you do a clean install, only the files
on the partition containing the OS will be erased.

Arne