Computer Shuts Down

JuanGrande386

Computer Shuts Down
Ive tried installing Vista Home Premium 5 times on my new build but my
computer will always shut itself off at the exact same time. When I turn the
computer back on itll say Windows didnt finish because of an unexpected error
and to restart and try again. The installation will make it all the way to
when the screen says that its getting ready to load Windows for the first
time then it goes to the Completing Installation screen, waits for about 10
seconds then the computer shuts off. I have a Athlon X2 5200+, 2GB ram, and a
geforce 8800gts. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
...winston

Re: Computer Shuts Down
Any additional info ?
e.g. Motherboard
SATA hard drives ?
If so, were Sata drivers installed during the Vista install process ?

"JuanGrande386" <JuanGrande386@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E22DA02-AF6A-437E-82E9-F42DD1EC194A@microsoft.com...
: Ive tried installing Vista Home Premium 5 times on my new build but my
: computer will always shut itself off at the exact same time. When I turn the
: computer back on itll say Windows didnt finish because of an unexpected error
: and to restart and try again. The installation will make it all the way to
: when the screen says that its getting ready to load Windows for the first
: time then it goes to the Completing Installation screen, waits for about 10
: seconds then the computer shuts off. I have a Athlon X2 5200+, 2GB ram, and a
: geforce 8800gts. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
JuanGrande386

Re: Computer Shuts Down
the mobo is an asus m2n32 sli deluxe wireless edition and im using a 80gb
sata drive. I figured i didnt need any drivers since i was able to see and
format the hd during the vista installation.

"...winston" wrote:

> Any additional info ?
> e.g. Motherboard
> SATA hard drives ?
> If so, were Sata drivers installed during the Vista install process ?
>
> "JuanGrande386" <JuanGrande386@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E22DA02-AF6A-437E-82E9-F42DD1EC194A@microsoft.com...
> : Ive tried installing Vista Home Premium 5 times on my new build but my
> : computer will always shut itself off at the exact same time. When I turn the
> : computer back on itll say Windows didnt finish because of an unexpected error
> : and to restart and try again. The installation will make it all the way to
> : when the screen says that its getting ready to load Windows for the first
> : time then it goes to the Completing Installation screen, waits for about 10
> : seconds then the computer shuts off. I have a Athlon X2 5200+, 2GB ram, and a
> : geforce 8800gts. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

motarola2

Re: Computer Shuts Down

i love that mobo, lol.
dude try the following:
- take out 1 memory stick of RAM (i am asuming you have 2 of 1GB)
- if you get the same problem then try only with the other memory
stick.
- load the default settings in the BIOS.

--
motarola2
...winston

Re: Computer Shuts Down
Compliments of John Barnett's site
See step 12 through 21
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install...ta_drivers.htm

...winston

"JuanGrande386" <JuanGrande386@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7883A5FB-3DF1-4C79-92F4-0C5F4F01B2DB@microsoft.com...
: the mobo is an asus m2n32 sli deluxe wireless edition and im using a 80gb
: sata drive. I figured i didnt need any drivers since i was able to see and
: format the hd during the vista installation.
:
: "...winston" wrote:
:
: > Any additional info ?
: > e.g. Motherboard
: > SATA hard drives ?
: > If so, were Sata drivers installed during the Vista install process ?
: >
: > "JuanGrande386" <JuanGrande386@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E22DA02-AF6A-437E-82E9-F42DD1EC194A@microsoft.com...
: > : Ive tried installing Vista Home Premium 5 times on my new build but my
: > : computer will always shut itself off at the exact same time. When I turn the
: > : computer back on itll say Windows didnt finish because of an unexpected error
: > : and to restart and try again. The installation will make it all the way to
: > : when the screen says that its getting ready to load Windows for the first
: > : time then it goes to the Completing Installation screen, waits for about 10
: > : seconds then the computer shuts off. I have a Athlon X2 5200+, 2GB ram, and a
: > : geforce 8800gts. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
: >

IDontGetVista is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Computer Shuts Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...winston View Post
Compliments of John Barnett's site
See step 12 through 21
Vista Support: 26. Installing RAID/SATA Drivers

: "...winston" wrote:
:
[...]
I've gone through multiple tech forums and read hundreds of posts regarding the CLEAN install on a New SATA HDD. I've tried numerous things as well.

I've even read the step-by-step procedure in order to Load the Drivers.

Every time I get to load the drivers, and I pick the folder that the drivers are in and hit OK, I get a BSOD with this error code: 0x0000007E

I'm getting ready to just pull my hair out. I need help! Please!