HD ussage indicator bar.

Richard

HD ussage indicator bar.
I recently purchased a new computer and am setting it up. The O/S is Vista
Home Premium and is quite different from what I am used to. While in the
process of setting it up I decided to perform a backup following the
instructions. After having performed a this backup I noticed that the HD
ussage indicator bar had changed colour to red as oposed to blue. I have a
very large HD "C:" (400 GB) and it is partitioned for the purpose of storing
the recovery data in case of a system failure. The partitoned drive is drive
D: and it is 6.25 GB in size leaving only 602MB of unused space. Does
someone know wether the bar having turned red is an indication of a problem
with the recovery data or mearly an indication that this partition is almost
used up. Either way, I would like to know how to go about fixing this
peoblem if it is one before continuing my set up.

Thank you in advance for whatever information anyone can post on the
subject.

Richard C,

Dave B.

Re: HD ussage indicator bar.
It is an indication that the partition is getting full. 2 ways to fix it,
either delete files to free up space, or make it larger. And as a side note,
a backup stored on the same drive, but a different partition is not much
better than no backup at all, if the hard drive fails you loose the backup
as well.

--
----