Hearing sound through my tv

Cat

Hearing sound through my tv
Hi

I've just bought a new computer and rather than getting a monitor etc I've
hooked it up to my existing Wharfedale LCD tv.

I have no external speakers, only the speakers built into my tv but I'm
struggling to find a way of hearing the sound from my pc. To avoid adding
extra clutter I would prefer not to buy external speakers as the speakers on
my tv are more than adequate.

This is starting to drive me mad so any help or advice on this would be very
much appreciated!
Paul Smith

Re: Hearing sound through my tv
"Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I've just bought a new computer and rather than getting a monitor etc I've
> hooked it up to my existing Wharfedale LCD tv.
>
> I have no external speakers, only the speakers built into my tv but I'm
> struggling to find a way of hearing the sound from my pc. To avoid adding
> extra clutter I would prefer not to buy external speakers as the speakers
> on
> my tv are more than adequate.
>
> This is starting to drive me mad so any help or advice on this would be
> very
> much appreciated!

How are you hooking up the audio from the PC to the TV? You'll need to use
something like a 3.5mm jack from the audio out on the PC, to either the
phono or 3.5mm in on the TV.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Cat

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I've just bought a new computer and rather than getting a monitor etc I've
> > hooked it up to my existing Wharfedale LCD tv.
> >
> > I have no external speakers, only the speakers built into my tv but I'm
> > struggling to find a way of hearing the sound from my pc. To avoid adding
> > extra clutter I would prefer not to buy external speakers as the speakers
> > on
> > my tv are more than adequate.
> >
> > This is starting to drive me mad so any help or advice on this would be
> > very
> > much appreciated!

> How are you hooking up the audio from the PC to the TV? You'll need to use
> something like a 3.5mm jack from the audio out on the PC, to either the
> phono or 3.5mm in on the TV.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Hi Paul

I've got a 3.5mm jack and plugged it into the back of my tv in a socket
labelled 'pc input' in addition to the male monitor lead.
I suspect my problem is the pc end of things . . . It's a Dell C521 tower
and I have tried inserting the 3.5mm jack into all of the audio out sockets
but with no joy. Are you familiar with this tower at all?

Dave B.

Re: Hearing sound through my tv
First thing I would do is use a set of headphones and find the correct
output jack on the PC and make sure you have audio being sent out.

--
----