XP and before uses

nathandhood

XP and before uses
I have Windows Vista, and I want to use some programs that were made for XP
and before, but a couple of these will not work for my computer and are
saying that they are running on ME since it does not recognize Vista yet. Can
anyone send me a link so that I may download a program so that I may use
these? Please and thank you.
Bruce Chambers

Re: XP and before uses
nathandhood wrote:
> I have Windows Vista, and I want to use some programs that were made for XP
> and before, but a couple of these will not work for my computer and are
> saying that they are running on ME since it does not recognize Vista yet. Can
> anyone send me a link so that I may download a program so that I may use
> these? Please and thank you.

Only the respective manufacturer(s) of each of those programs can
provide you with patches and/or updates needed to make those old
applications Vista-compatible.

In the meantime, you can try running the applications in WinXP (or
earlier Windows version) Compatibility mode. Right-click on the
pertinent application's Shortcut > Properties > Compatibility Tab.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

nathandhood

Re: XP and before uses

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> nathandhood wrote:
> > I have Windows Vista, and I want to use some programs that were made for XP
> > and before, but a couple of these will not work for my computer and are
> > saying that they are running on ME since it does not recognize Vista yet. Can
> > anyone send me a link so that I may download a program so that I may use
> > these? Please and thank you.

> Only the respective manufacturer(s) of each of those programs can
> provide you with patches and/or updates needed to make those old
> applications Vista-compatible.
>
> In the meantime, you can try running the applications in WinXP (or
> earlier Windows version) Compatibility mode. Right-click on the
> pertinent application's Shortcut > Properties > Compatibility Tab.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Thank you for the advice, although, these programs will not work even when I
trie that. But I'm going to send these companies emails asking them to help,
thank you!
Rick Rogers

Re: XP and before uses
Hi,

You could also try creating and running Virtual PC's within Vista if you
have copies of these older operating systems you can install. The software
for doing this is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

--
Best of Luck,