EasyBCD 1.6

Dakkota

EasyBCD 1.6
It's been quite a day, got Vista installed with Mr. Barnes help, and now I
can't get into my other 2 windows install, (2 XP install), I downloaded and
installed EasyBCD like John suggested, but after messing around and trying
different things and having to repair Vista to get it to reboot I need help
again, what a loser......
I did find a website that tried to help, and it suggested copying boot files
from Vista to the boot folders of the XP installs, but Vista doesn't show the
"NTLDR" and the other one they said, and I did adjust the folder view to see
system files....Hmmm..anyone?
--
Dakkota
John Inzer

Re: EasyBCD 1.6
Dakkota wrote:
> It's been quite a day, got Vista installed with Mr. Barnes help, and
> now I can't get into my other 2 windows install, (2 XP install), I
> downloaded and installed EasyBCD like John suggested, but after
> messing around and trying different things and having to repair Vista
> to get it to reboot I need help again, what a loser......
> I did find a website that tried to help, and it suggested copying
> boot files from Vista to the boot folders of the XP installs, but
> Vista doesn't show the "NTLDR" and the other one they said, and I did
> adjust the folder view to see system files....Hmmm..anyone?

==================================
I wonder if the following download would help?

VistaBootPRO
http://www.vistabootpro.org/index.php
(scroll down to the download link)

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John Barnes

Re: EasyBCD 1.6
If you have set up a legacy drive using either program, you can copy the
ntldr, ntdetect.com and boot.ini files from your previous system drive to
your Vista drive. You may need to edit the boot.ini file to point to the
locations of the two XP systems. Let us know what your messages are when you
select the legacy entry from the Vista boot menu. I hope you haven't messed
up the boot records on your previous system drive or your Vista one, but you
can run the startup repair on the Vista install DVD with your Vista drive as
your system drive. Can you still boot into XP if you set your previous
system drive active and Boot Vista if it is the active drive?

"Dakkota" <Dakkota@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's been quite a day, got Vista installed with Mr. Barnes help, and now I
> can't get into my other 2 windows install, (2 XP install), I downloaded
> and
> installed EasyBCD like John suggested, but after messing around and trying
> different things and having to repair Vista to get it to reboot I need
> help
> again, what a loser......
> I did find a website that tried to help, and it suggested copying boot
> files
> from Vista to the boot folders of the XP installs, but Vista doesn't show
> the
> "NTLDR" and the other one they said, and I did adjust the folder view to
> see
> system files....Hmmm..anyone?
> --
> Dakkota

Dakkota

Re: EasyBCD 1.6
John, would you believe it, I did as you said, copying the files, and first
time it booted, I tried again, and it booted into my third system, so thanks
to you it's all working again...another success story for you I'm sure! WOOT!
--
Dakkota