How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA

JeffHatesVista

How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
I have a registered version of windows XP on disc with the serial and
everything. I am SO SICK of dealing with Vista and I just want to get rid of
it. My computer is a gateway GT5428 and it came with Windows Vista already
installed. I want to completely get rid of the OS and replace it with XP. My
hard drive came partitioned into two parts the main C: and a backup D: for
all the restore files. How do I just completely clean my hard drive and clean
install windows XP onto this computer?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
Clean Install Windows XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------б*-----

"JeffHatesVista" wrote:

I have a registered version of windows XP on disc with the serial and
everything. I am SO SICK of dealing with Vista and I just want to get rid of
it. My computer is a gateway GT5428 and it came with Windows Vista already
installed. I want to completely get rid of the OS and replace it with XP. My
hard drive came partitioned into two parts the main C: and a backup D: for
all the restore files. How do I just completely clean my hard drive and clean
install windows XP onto this computer?

John Barnett MVP

Re: How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
For an illustrated guide see this link from my website:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> For an illustrated guide see this link from my website:
>
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm
>

> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "JeffHatesVista" <JeffHatesVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a registered version of windows XP on disc with the serial and
> > everything. I am SO SICK of dealing with Vista and I just want to get rid
> > of
> > it. My computer is a gateway GT5428 and it came with Windows Vista already
> > installed. I want to completely get rid of the OS and replace it with XP.
> > My
> > hard drive came partitioned into two parts the main C: and a backup D: for
> > all the restore files. How do I just completely clean my hard drive and
> > clean
> > install windows XP onto this computer?

> Will formatting hard drive for XP AUTOMATICALLY get rid of Vista?

John Barnett MVP

Re: How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
Do you have a retail copy of Windows XP or did your PC come with recover
disks? If you have recovery disks (or the files are on a partition) check
your user manual on how to restore your pc to factory conditions. recovery
disks (or recovery files on a partition) will usually wipe the drive and
restore it back to how it was when you purchased it. Of course you will need
to go to the windows update site to download any necessary updates.

If you have a retail CD of XP then use that to reinstall windows xp and it
will get rid of Vista.

--

> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> For an illustrated guide see this link from my website:
>>
>> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm
>>

>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for
>> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
>> the
>> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
>> mail/post..
>>
>> "JeffHatesVista" <JeffHatesVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have a registered version of windows XP on disc with the serial and
>> > everything. I am SO SICK of dealing with Vista and I just want to get
>> > rid
>> > of
>> > it. My computer is a gateway GT5428 and it came with Windows Vista
>> > already
>> > installed. I want to completely get rid of the OS and replace it with
>> > XP.
>> > My
>> > hard drive came partitioned into two parts the main C: and a backup D:
>> > for
>> > all the restore files. How do I just completely clean my hard drive and
>> > clean
>> > install windows XP onto this computer?

>> Will formatting hard drive for XP AUTOMATICALLY get rid of Vista?

aa

Re: How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
This makes two of us, except I go obe step further two steps backward and
will install w2k.
However I would like to keep Vista for my daughter and therefore wanted to
install w2k alongside Vista. Have some doubts about ntdetect, ntloader and
boot.ini - if they are compatible between w2k and vista?
"JeffHatesVista" <JeffHatesVista@discussions.microsoft.com> сообщил/сообщила
в новостях следующее:
> I have a registered version of windows XP on disc with the serial and
> everything. I am SO SICK of dealing with Vista and I just want to get rid

of
> it. My computer is a gateway GT5428 and it came with Windows Vista already
> installed. I want to completely get rid of the OS and replace it with XP.

My
> hard drive came partitioned into two parts the main C: and a backup D: for
> all the restore files. How do I just completely clean my hard drive and

clean
> install windows XP onto this computer?

John Barnes

Re: How do I install XP and GET RID OF VISTA
When a 'legacy system' is included in the Vista boot loader, it passes
control to ndldr when the legacy system is selected.
Many have Vista and W2K installed in dual boot.