Connecting to the internet - Wanadoo Livebox, France

jackt

Connecting to the internet - Wanadoo Livebox, France
i cant get my new toshiba laptop to connect to the internet. it has vista
home premium edition.
the connection shows up as wanadoo_32d4, which is correct, but when i press
"connect" i get a message telling me that window has failed to connect. when
i "diagnose the problem" i am told that windows was not able to diagnose.
i have also tried to conect manually, entering the WEP key that is on the
bottom of the Livebox, yet it only says that the network has been added
succesfully, and when i try to connect again, it still doesnt work.
i have a PC and 2 laptops all with XP, and they all use the connection
succesfully.
does anyone know what the problem is?
thanks,jack
John Barnes

Re: Connecting to the internet - Wanadoo Livebox, France
Make sure you have consistent workgroups as Vista defaults to a different
one.

"jackt" <jackt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i cant get my new toshiba laptop to connect to the internet. it has vista
> home premium edition.
> the connection shows up as wanadoo_32d4, which is correct, but when i
> press
> "connect" i get a message telling me that window has failed to connect.
> when
> i "diagnose the problem" i am told that windows was not able to diagnose.
> i have also tried to conect manually, entering the WEP key that is on the
> bottom of the Livebox, yet it only says that the network has been added
> succesfully, and when i try to connect again, it still doesnt work.
> i have a PC and 2 laptops all with XP, and they all use the connection
> succesfully.
> does anyone know what the problem is?
> thanks,jack

koze

Re: Connecting to the internet - Wanadoo Livebox, France

"jackt" <jackt@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>i cant get my new toshiba laptop to connect to the internet. it has vista
> home premium edition.
> the connection shows up as wanadoo_32d4, which is correct, but when i
> press
> "connect" i get a message telling me that window has failed to connect.
> when
> i "diagnose the problem" i am told that windows was not able to diagnose.
> i have also tried to conect manually, entering the WEP key that is on the
> bottom of the Livebox, yet it only says that the network has been added
> succesfully, and when i try to connect again, it still doesnt work.
> i have a PC and 2 laptops all with XP, and they all use the connection
> succesfully.
> does anyone know what the problem is?
> thanks,jack

Do you have the neywork set-up correct within Vista? You have to use the
network centre and set network detection to on, the network to private and
enter the key in the settings from there.

Ko.

Chong Woo Paig

jackt a écrit :
> i cant get my new toshiba laptop to connect to the internet. it has vista
> home premium edition.
> the connection shows up as wanadoo_32d4, which is correct, but when i press
> "connect" i get a message telling me that window has failed to connect. when
> i "diagnose the problem" i am told that windows was not able to diagnose.
> i have also tried to conect manually, entering the WEP key that is on the
> bottom of the Livebox, yet it only says that the network has been added
> succesfully, and when i try to connect again, it still doesnt work.
> i have a PC and 2 laptops all with XP, and they all use the connection
> succesfully.
> does anyone know what the problem is?
> thanks,jack

The Livebox should have an "associate" button somewhere, that sets it in
association mode for 10 minutes or so (the WiFi light should blink). The
association itself is to add the MAC address of the new WiFi client to
the integrated MAC filter.

Start a WiFi connection with the right credentials while the Livebox is
in association mode, and you should be able to connect to it. And no
need to repeat the procedure afterwards, unless for adding a new WiFi
client.