Reformatting and then Installing Vista

ORFritz

Reformatting and then Installing Vista
I have some problems that i cant get rid of without reformatting. I was
wondering, if i buy the upgrade version of Vista Business, will i be able to
use it since i completely cleared my windows XP running system so i could
start from scratch? Or do i need to buy the full version of Vista Business?
Rick Rogers

Re: Reformatting and then Installing Vista
Hi,

Technically, you'd need a full version unless you are planning on
reinstalling XP first. The upgrade version has to be started from within an
existing, qualifying OS installation. The upgrade license subsumes the
existing OS license (in essence, XP's license for use becomes part of
Vista's license for use). The manner in which an upgrade qualifies for
installation has also changed as no longer can you simply insert a shiny
disk as proof of ownership during setup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ORFritz" <ORFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have some problems that i cant get rid of without reformatting. I was
> wondering, if i buy the upgrade version of Vista Business, will i be able
> use it since i completely cleared my windows XP running system so i could
> start from scratch? Or do i need to buy the full version of Vista
> Business?

David B.

Re: Reformatting and then Installing Vista
Technically yes, in actuality, as most of us know, it can be done.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...rade_clean.asp

--

----