INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers

quess who

INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
I installed Vista ulimate on a ASUS K8V-X SE motherboard with Realteck
AC97 sound chip. I downloaded the drivers from the ASUS web site and
the drivers installed no problem. The device manager shows the drivers
are active and working correctly. When I play an audio file I see the
sound bars going up and down, but there is no sound comming from the
speakers. I checked the mixer under the sound icon and all of mute
check boxes are unchecked.

Anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.
Rick Rogers

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
Hi,

Powered speakers? Are they plugged in to both a known working socket and the
correct port on the motherboard?

Any indicator lights on the speakers themselves?

Are they properly connected to each other and any inline controls adjusted
accordingly?

Barring that, tried a different set of speakers?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"quess who" <nobody@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>I installed Vista ulimate on a ASUS K8V-X SE motherboard with Realteck
> AC97 sound chip. I downloaded the drivers from the ASUS web site and
> the drivers installed no problem. The device manager shows the drivers
> are active and working correctly. When I play an audio file I see the
> sound bars going up and down, but there is no sound comming from the
> speakers. I checked the mixer under the sound icon and all of mute
> check boxes are unchecked.
>
> Anyone know what I am missing?
>
> Thanks in advance.

anybody

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
Yes they work super in XP. which is also on this machine (dual boot).
I had no problem with the beta. This was installed on a clean
partition.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:51:22 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Powered speakers? Are they plugged in to both a known working socket and the
>correct port on the motherboard?
>
>Any indicator lights on the speakers themselves?
>
>Are they properly connected to each other and any inline controls adjusted
>accordingly?
>
>Barring that, tried a different set of speakers?

Rick Rogers

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
Hi,

Assuming they are still working under the XP install, that isolates it to
Vista. have you gone into the advanced properties of the playback device
under sounds in the Control Panel?

--

"anybody" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Yes they work super in XP. which is also on this machine (dual boot).
> I had no problem with the beta. This was installed on a clean
> partition.
>
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:51:22 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Powered speakers? Are they plugged in to both a known working socket and
>>the
>>correct port on the motherboard?
>>
>>Any indicator lights on the speakers themselves?
>>
>>Are they properly connected to each other and any inline controls adjusted
>>accordingly?
>>
>>Barring that, tried a different set of speakers?

anybody

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
I looked and changed all and pushed very test button I could fine ,
still no joy

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:05:38 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Assuming they are still working under the XP install, that isolates it to
>Vista. have you gone into the advanced properties of the playback device
>under sounds in the Control Panel?

Ian Semmel

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
There is a RealTek vista driver update on Windows Update which might apply
to you.

>I looked and changed all and pushed very test button I could fine ,
> still no joy
>
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:05:38 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Assuming they are still working under the XP install, that isolates it to
>>Vista. have you gone into the advanced properties of the playback device
>>under sounds in the Control Panel?

anybody

Re: INstalled audio drivers but no sound from speakers
I ran Windows update on Vista it shows no Realteck update available.