Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!

Pezmc

Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
rating system gets 5.9

However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
"Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
are gone .

Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
installed.
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg

Please help!

Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway
mikeyhsd

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
sorry cannot read the picture.
is there anything common during the failure. like same folder. same file types. number of files at a time.
these kinds of data would most likely be very helpful in trying to pin point the failure.

have you checked the logs that vista keeps.
Event Logs.
Problem Reports and Solutions
Reliability and Performance

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFB6D07-4CB9-4F08-A0DE-2B178F082BD1@microsoft.com...
[...]

It just seems to be random errors, no links between them
Print Scr's of what you asked for:
Reliability: http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4...abilityai6.jpg
Problems: http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?i...roblemsvp2.jpg
Event Viewer: http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7...tviewercz8.jpg
Programs: http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3207/filesys9.jpg

Hope you can still help!

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> sorry cannot read the picture.
> is there anything common during the failure. like same folder. same file types. number of files at a time.
> these kinds of data would most likely be very helpful in trying to pin point the failure.
>
> have you checked the logs that vista keeps.
> Event Logs.
> Problem Reports and Solutions
> Reliability and Performance
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFB6D07-4CB9-4F08-A0DE-2B178F082BD1@microsoft.com...
> I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
> rating system gets 5.9
>
> However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
> try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
> "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
> restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
> checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
> and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
> are gone .
>
> Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
> defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
> installed.
> http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
>
> Please help!
>
> Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
> errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
> one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway

dean-dean

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
Many times the "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" error, especially when
browsing folders, is due to a 3rd party entry added to the right-click
context menu of Windows Explorer, and it isn't working out too well,
registry-wise. Is there a program that you've installed that has added an
item to your context menu when you right-click folders or files? If so,
check that Program's Options/ Preferences/Properties to see to see if that
shell extension can be turned off. Otherwise, I would uninstall the
program, or ask for help on how to find the particular context menu entry in
the registry, so that you can delete it.

> It just seems to be random errors, no links between them
> Print Scr's of what you asked for:
> Reliability: http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4...abilityai6.jpg
> Problems: http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?i...roblemsvp2.jpg
> Event Viewer: http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7...tviewercz8.jpg
> Programs: http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3207/filesys9.jpg
>
> Hope you can still help!
>
> "mikeyhsd" wrote:
>
>> sorry cannot read the picture.
>> is there anything common during the failure. like same folder. same file
>> types. number of files at a time.
>> these kinds of data would most likely be very helpful in trying to pin
>> point the failure.
>>
>> have you checked the logs that vista keeps.
>> Event Logs.
>> Problem Reports and Solutions
>> Reliability and Performance
>>

>> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>>

>> "Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
>> rating system gets 5.9
>>
>> However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times
>> try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error
>> message:
>> "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online
>> and
>> restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into
>> the
>> checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over
>> 30mins)
>> and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I
>> had open
>> are gone .
>>
>> Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or
>> windows
>> defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my
>> software
>> installed.
>> http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
>>
>> Please help!
>>
>> Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista
>> and the
>> errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them
>> one by
>> one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
>> Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or
>> Gateway

mikeyhsd

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
you might check the microsoft knowledge base for explorers with ntdll.dll.
checking google for
ntdll.dll
there appear to be others with same problem.
might review the results with google.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> sorry cannot read the picture.
> is there anything common during the failure. like same folder. same file types. number of files at a time.
> these kinds of data would most likely be very helpful in trying to pin point the failure.
>
> have you checked the logs that vista keeps.
> Event Logs.
> Problem Reports and Solutions
> Reliability and Performance
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFB6D07-4CB9-4F08-A0DE-2B178F082BD1@microsoft.com...
> I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
> rating system gets 5.9
>
> However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
> try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
> "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
> restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
> checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
> and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
> are gone .
>
> Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
> defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
> installed.
> http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
>
> Please help!
>
> Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
> errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
> one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway

Pezmc

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
This maybe the problem (winrar and microsft groove) trying to find a option
to didable them.

Thanks for you help,

@mikeyhsd

Looking in google now

"dean-dean" wrote:

> [...]
> >> 30mins)
> >> and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I
> >> had open
> >> are gone .
> >>
> >> Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or
> >> windows
> >> defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my
> >> software
> >> installed.
> >> http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
> >>
> >> Please help!
> >>
> >> Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista
> >> and the
> >> errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them
> >> one by
> >> one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> >> Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or

ORFritz

RE: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
You should just get firefox

"Pezmc" wrote:

> I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
> rating system gets 5.9
>
> However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
> try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
> "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
> restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
> checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
> and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
> are gone .
>
> Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
> defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
> installed.
> http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
>
> Please help!
>
> Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
> errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
> one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway

Pezmc

RE: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
Of course I have firefox, have had it ever since I used windows.
How would this help anyway?

"ORFritz" wrote:

> You should just get firefox
>
> "Pezmc" wrote:
>
> > I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
> > rating system gets 5.9
> >
> > However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
> > try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
> > "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
> > restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
> > checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
> > and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
> > are gone .
> >
> > Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
> > defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
> > installed.
> > http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
> > errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
> > one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> > Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway

Pezmc

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
I have disaled winrar and groove showing in the shell but it atil keeps
crashing.
@mikeyhsd: ntdll.dll is a very common error but from what I found noone
knows why it occurs. It also occurs in xp

Any more idead gladfully welcomed.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> you might check the microsoft knowledge base for explorers with ntdll.dll.
> checking google for
> ntdll.dll
> there appear to be others with same problem.
> might review the results with google.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E020CC4-FBE0-4028-AA79-E462F53C3804@microsoft.com...
> It just seems to be random errors, no links between them
> Print Scr's of what you asked for:
> Reliability: http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4...abilityai6.jpg
> Problems: http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?i...roblemsvp2.jpg
> Event Viewer: http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7...tviewercz8.jpg
> Programs: http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3207/filesys9.jpg
>
> Hope you can still help!
>
> "mikeyhsd" wrote:
>
> > sorry cannot read the picture.
> > is there anything common during the failure. like same folder. same file types. number of files at a time.
> > these kinds of data would most likely be very helpful in trying to pin point the failure.
> >
> > have you checked the logs that vista keeps.
> > Event Logs.
> > Problem Reports and Solutions
> > Reliability and Performance
> >

> > mikeyhsd@comcast.net
> >

> > "Pezmc" <Pezmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFB6D07-4CB9-4F08-A0DE-2B178F082BD1@microsoft.com...
> > I recently got windows vista after building a very fast rig that on the
> > rating system gets 5.9
> >
> > However about 20% of the times I right click and about 50% of the times I
> > try to delete stuff windows explorer crashes. And I get the error message:
> > "Windows Explorer has stopped working" with the optings check online and
> > restart the program or just restart the progam. Check online goes into the
> > checking online thing but does nothing (have previously waited over 30mins)
> > and restart it closes explorer and reopens it bull all the windows I had open
> > are gone .
> >
> > Somepeople say this is incompatability or a virus, neither avg or windows
> > defender could find a virus and below is a link to a list of all my software
> > installed.
> > http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=filesqk7.jpg
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Ps. All software I installed was mostly on the day I installed vista and the
> > errors started happening so don't say just go through and remove them one by
> > one as I have no idea wich one I installed first.
> > Pss. this is a fully custom built pc and has no brand like Dell or Gateway

John Barnes

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing, over and over again!
I had that problem when I upgraded over XP. No joy. Finally just installed
'custom' and have had maybe 1 occurrence a month for the last 6 months.