path error

Arne

path error
I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate with one-step update. Some of the default
folder locations for temp files were changed and after problems with ActiveX
I returned to the defaults.

Still having problems with path errors. For instance when I try to access
print preview when trying to print from mapquest the following error is
generated:

Cannot find
'file:///C:/Users/Arne%20E%20Olsen/%25USERP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/TZKZ8MIE.h... Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

There are no restore points (?) and I didn't make a backup immediately after
the upgrade.
Rick Rogers

Re: path error
Hi Arne,

This is wrong: %25USERP~1, it shouldn't be part of the path. I would suggest
you clear the Temporary Internet Files and remove any related plug-ins from
Internet Options in the control panel. The former is on the general tab, the
latter is on the programs tab under 'manage add-ons'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate with one-step update. Some of the default
> folder locations for temp files were changed and after problems with
> ActiveX
> I returned to the defaults.
>
> Still having problems with path errors. For instance when I try to access
> print preview when trying to print from mapquest the following error is
> generated:
>
> Cannot find
> 'file:///C:/Users/Arne%20E%20Olsen/%25USERP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/TZKZ8MIE.h...
> Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
>
> There are no restore points (?) and I didn't make a backup immediately
> after
> the upgrade.

Arne

Re: path error
Rick,

The %25USERP~1 is still present in the path.

Is is possible to run a repair install of Vista Ultimate? The Anytime
upgrade license is not yet listed in Digital Locker.

Arne

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Arne,
>
> This is wrong: %25USERP~1, it shouldn't be part of the path. I would suggest
> you clear the Temporary Internet Files and remove any related plug-ins from
> Internet Options in the control panel. The former is on the general tab, the
> latter is on the programs tab under 'manage add-ons'.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate with one-step update. Some of the default
> > folder locations for temp files were changed and after problems with
> > ActiveX
> > I returned to the defaults.
> >
> > Still having problems with path errors. For instance when I try to access
> > print preview when trying to print from mapquest the following error is
> > generated:
> >
> > Cannot find
> > 'file:///C:/Users/Arne%20E%20Olsen/%25USERP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/TZKZ8MIE.h...
> > Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
> >
> > There are no restore points (?) and I didn't make a backup immediately
> > after
> > the upgrade.

Rick Rogers

Re: path error
Hi,

It's possible, but not likely to help. The problem is in the application or
the printer driver, not the operating system.

--

> Rick,
>
> The %25USERP~1 is still present in the path.
>
> Is is possible to run a repair install of Vista Ultimate? The Anytime
> upgrade license is not yet listed in Digital Locker.
>
> Arne
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Arne,
>>
>> This is wrong: %25USERP~1, it shouldn't be part of the path. I would
>> suggest
>> you clear the Temporary Internet Files and remove any related plug-ins
>> from
>> Internet Options in the control panel. The former is on the general tab,
>> the
>> latter is on the programs tab under 'manage add-ons'.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate with one-step update. Some of the
>> >default
>> > folder locations for temp files were changed and after problems with
>> > ActiveX
>> > I returned to the defaults.
>> >
>> > Still having problems with path errors. For instance when I try to
>> > access
>> > print preview when trying to print from mapquest the following error is
>> > generated:
>> >
>> > Cannot find
>> > 'file:///C:/Users/Arne%20E%20Olsen/%25USERP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/TZKZ8MIE.h...
>> > Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
>> >
>> > There are no restore points (?) and I didn't make a backup immediately
>> > after
>> > the upgrade.

P. Di Stolfo

Re: path error
Hello,

I'm not sure if this relates exactly to your problem, but you could give it
a try:
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=643671

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate with one-step update. Some of the default
> folder locations for temp files were changed and after problems with
> ActiveX
> I returned to the defaults.
>
> Still having problems with path errors. For instance when I try to access
> print preview when trying to print from mapquest the following error is
> generated:
>
> Cannot find
> 'file:///C:/Users/Arne%20E%20Olsen/%25USERP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/TZKZ8MIE.h...
> Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
>
> There are no restore points (?) and I didn't make a backup immediately
> after
> the upgrade.

Arne

Re: path error
Rick,

I tend to think it is the OS. For instance, I cannot open any Excel files
and cannot even uninstall Office Professional 2007. When first upgraded to
Ultimate, everything seemed to running OK. Then I redirected the temp files
and IE was not running smoothly. After I could not download a gadget, ...
And I noticed that the logical partiions on the boot hard drive were grayed
out and could not be indexed. After those were reformated, they could be
indexed.

Arne

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's possible, but not likely to help. The problem is in the application or
> the printer driver, not the operating system.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Rick,
> >
> > The %25USERP~1 is still present in the path.
> >
> > Is is possible to run a repair install of Vista Ultimate? The Anytime
> > upgrade license is not yet listed in Digital Locker.
> >
> > Arne
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Arne,
> >>
> >> This is wrong: %25USERP~1, it shouldn't be part of the path. I would
> >> suggest
> >> you clear the Temporary Internet Files and remove any related plug-ins
> >> from
> >> Internet Options in the control panel. The former is on the general tab,
> >> the
> >> latter is on the programs tab under 'manage add-ons'.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: path error
Hi,

If you run SET from a command prompt, what shows for the TEMP paths?

--

> Rick,
>
> I tend to think it is the OS. For instance, I cannot open any Excel files
> and cannot even uninstall Office Professional 2007. When first upgraded to
> Ultimate, everything seemed to running OK. Then I redirected the temp
> files
> and IE was not running smoothly. After I could not download a gadget, ...
> And I noticed that the logical partiions on the boot hard drive were
> grayed
> out and could not be indexed. After those were reformated, they could be
> indexed.
>
> Arne
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's possible, but not likely to help. The problem is in the application
>> or
>> the printer driver, not the operating system.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Rick,
>> >
>> > The %25USERP~1 is still present in the path.
>> >
>> > Is is possible to run a repair install of Vista Ultimate? The Anytime
>> > upgrade license is not yet listed in Digital Locker.
>> >
>> > Arne

Arne

Re: path error
Rick,

TEMP=%USERP~1\AppData\Local\Temp
or
TMP=%USERP~1\AppData\Local\Temp

The enviroment variables are set to:
%USER PROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

The USERPROFILE is set to:
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Arne E Olsen

Arne

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you run SET from a command prompt, what shows for the TEMP paths?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Rick,
> >
> > I tend to think it is the OS. For instance, I cannot open any Excel files
> > and cannot even uninstall Office Professional 2007. When first upgraded to
> > Ultimate, everything seemed to running OK. Then I redirected the temp
> > files
> > and IE was not running smoothly. After I could not download a gadget, ...
> > And I noticed that the logical partiions on the boot hard drive were
> > grayed
> > out and could not be indexed. After those were reformated, they could be
> > indexed.
> >
> > Arne
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It's possible, but not likely to help. The problem is in the application
> >> or
> >> the printer driver, not the operating system.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: path error
Hi,

Odd indeed. Click start and type regedit to open the registry editor. Expand
to this key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Environment

What are the types and data values of the TEMP and TMP strings?

--

> Rick,
>
> TEMP=%USERP~1\AppData\Local\Temp
> or
> TMP=%USERP~1\AppData\Local\Temp
>
> The enviroment variables are set to:
> %USER PROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
>
> The USERPROFILE is set to:
> USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Arne E Olsen
>
> Arne
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you run SET from a command prompt, what shows for the TEMP paths?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Arne" <Arne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Rick,
>> >
>> > I tend to think it is the OS. For instance, I cannot open any Excel
>> > files
>> > and cannot even uninstall Office Professional 2007. When first upgraded
>> > Ultimate, everything seemed to running OK. Then I redirected the temp
>> > files
>> > and IE was not running smoothly. After I could not download a gadget,
>> > And I noticed that the logical partiions on the boot hard drive were
>> > grayed
>> > out and could not be indexed. After those were reformated, they could
>> > be
>> > indexed.
>> >
>> > Arne

Arne

Re: path error
Rick,

Found that I did have a backup copy of Vista in Retrospect 7.5, but when I
restored the system it did not fix the problem. I thought that this is due to
not having done a full format when updating to Vista - so XP was reinstalled
to begin the upgrade path again.

Arne