"iTunes not working" message pops up every time i try to open itun

Dolly

"iTunes not working" message pops up every time i try to open itun
I installed the latest version of iTunes (7.3) in my laptop which is running
windows vista home premium. The istallation is apparently succesful until i
try to open itunes. When i do this, the message "iTunes has stopped working,
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly" pops up. Any ideas oh
how i can get itunes to work on my laptop? It was working fine before, until
i reset my computer .
...winston

Re: "iTunes not working" message pops up every time i try to open itun
Did you install ITunes online or download and install offline?
- in Vista the latter is suggested
What does 'reset' my computer mean ?

Register the file in the above article
Download the full Itunes installation file
Remove Itunes
Restart
Reinstall Itunes

...winston

"Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A759B2AC-CDE7-48DA-9189-BCE8E97D6AAF@microsoft.com...
:I installed the latest version of iTunes (7.3) in my laptop which is running
: windows vista home premium. The istallation is apparently succesful until i
: try to open itunes. When i do this, the message "iTunes has stopped working,
: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly" pops up. Any ideas oh
: how i can get itunes to work on my laptop? It was working fine before, until
: i reset my computer .

Re: "iTunes not working" message pops up every time i try to open
have same problem..did as suggested still not working

"...winston" wrote:

> Did you install ITunes online or download and install offline?
> - in Vista the latter is suggested
> What does 'reset' my computer mean ?

> Register the file in the above article
> Download the full Itunes installation file
> Remove Itunes
> Restart
> Reinstall Itunes
>
> ...winston
>
> "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A759B2AC-CDE7-48DA-9189-BCE8E97D6AAF@microsoft.com...
> :I installed the latest version of iTunes (7.3) in my laptop which is running
> : windows vista home premium. The istallation is apparently succesful until i
> : try to open itunes. When i do this, the message "iTunes has stopped working,
> : a problem caused the program to stop working correctly" pops up. Any ideas oh
> : how i can get itunes to work on my laptop? It was working fine before, until
> : i reset my computer .

Derek Turnbull

Re: "iTunes not working" message pops up every time i try to open
I have had loads of problems like this. I have found that it was a problem
with some codecs. I had installed a load of them including ACE codec pack.
Once I had uninstalled that iTunes/Quicktime worked fine.

The same also worked with a non starting Windows DVD Maker!