preinstalled software

mlvc

preinstalled software
i am havng some trouble with pre install software that came with my laptop.

2 programs are not working:
1. Windows dvd maker
2. Pc Diagnostic tool

Windows dvd maker:
when i try to add a avi file. it comes up with windows dvd maker has stopped
working and freezes and then i close the program and this window comes up:

COM Surrogate has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Pc Diagnostic tool comes up with this error:
Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. if you
click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
continue.

Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0434F4D

if i click continue it comes up with file not found but it doesnt say what
file.
then it comes up with A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
failed. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A).

and then it freezers when pc diagnostics comes up on the screen.

How can i fix these two problems as they are preinstalled. i dont have
individual software to unistall and reinstall the programs.
Richard Urban

Re: preinstalled software
Problems with packaged software should be addressed by the computer
manufacturer.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"mlvc" <mlvc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1EE4F7A-A2A0-4391-B04A-35ED65100B7D@microsoft.com...
>i am havng some trouble with pre install software that came with my laptop.
>
> 2 programs are not working:
> 1. Windows dvd maker
> 2. Pc Diagnostic tool
>
> Windows dvd maker:
> when i try to add a avi file. it comes up with windows dvd maker has
> stopped
> working and freezes and then i close the program and this window comes up:
>
> COM Surrogate has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>

> Pc Diagnostic tool comes up with this error:
> Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. if
> you
> click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
> continue.
>
> Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0434F4D
>
> if i click continue it comes up with file not found but it doesnt say what
> file.
> then it comes up with A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
> failed. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A).
>
> and then it freezers when pc diagnostics comes up on the screen.
>
> How can i fix these two problems as they are preinstalled. i dont have
> individual software to unistall and reinstall the programs.

John Barnes

Re: preinstalled software
Windows DVD Maker is Windows Vista, not 3rd party.

> Problems with packaged software should be addressed by the computer
> manufacturer.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "mlvc" <mlvc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news1EE4F7A-A2A0-4391-B04A-35ED65100B7D@microsoft.com...
>>i am havng some trouble with pre install software that came with my
>>laptop.
>>
>> 2 programs are not working:
>> 1. Windows dvd maker
>> 2. Pc Diagnostic tool
>>
>> Windows dvd maker:
>> when i try to add a avi file. it comes up with windows dvd maker has
>> stopped
>> working and freezes and then i close the program and this window comes
>> up:
>>
>> COM Surrogate has stopped working
>> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>> close
>> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>>

>> Pc Diagnostic tool comes up with this error:
>> Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. if
>> you
>> click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
>> continue.
>>
>> Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0434F4D
>>
>> if i click continue it comes up with file not found but it doesnt say
>> what
>> file.
>> then it comes up with A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
>> failed. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A).
>>
>> and then it freezers when pc diagnostics comes up on the screen.
>>
>> How can i fix these two problems as they are preinstalled. i dont have
>> individual software to unistall and reinstall the programs.

Richard Urban

Re: preinstalled software
PC Diagnostic Tool???

--

> Windows DVD Maker is Windows Vista, not 3rd party.

>> Problems with packaged software should be addressed by the computer
>> manufacturer.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "mlvc" <mlvc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news1EE4F7A-A2A0-4391-B04A-35ED65100B7D@microsoft.com...
>>>i am havng some trouble with pre install software that came with my
>>>laptop.
>>>
>>> 2 programs are not working:
>>> 1. Windows dvd maker
>>> 2. Pc Diagnostic tool
>>>
>>> Windows dvd maker:
>>> when i try to add a avi file. it comes up with windows dvd maker has
>>> stopped
>>> working and freezes and then i close the program and this window comes
>>> up:
>>>
>>> COM Surrogate has stopped working
>>> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>>> close
>>> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>>>

>>> Pc Diagnostic tool comes up with this error:
>>> Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. if
>>> you
>>> click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
>>> continue.
>>>
>>> Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0434F4D
>>>
>>> if i click continue it comes up with file not found but it doesnt say
>>> what
>>> file.
>>> then it comes up with A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization
>>> routine
>>> failed. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A).
>>>
>>> and then it freezers when pc diagnostics comes up on the screen.
>>>
>>> How can i fix these two problems as they are preinstalled. i dont have
>>> individual software to unistall and reinstall the programs.

John Barnes

Re: preinstalled software
I have no problem adding an avi file to DVD Maker using drag-n-drop from my
pictures file. Is there any more information in your event viewer? Also,
you might post in the microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
newsgroup.

"mlvc" <mlvc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1EE4F7A-A2A0-4391-B04A-35ED65100B7D@microsoft.com...
>i am havng some trouble with pre install software that came with my laptop.
>
> 2 programs are not working:
> 1. Windows dvd maker
> 2. Pc Diagnostic tool
>
> Windows dvd maker:
> when i try to add a avi file. it comes up with windows dvd maker has
> stopped
> working and freezes and then i close the program and this window comes up:
>
> COM Surrogate has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>

> Pc Diagnostic tool comes up with this error:
> Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. if
> you
> click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
> continue.
>
> Exception from HRESULT: 0xE0434F4D
>
> if i click continue it comes up with file not found but it doesnt say what
> file.
> then it comes up with A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
> failed. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A).
>
> and then it freezers when pc diagnostics comes up on the screen.
>
> How can i fix these two problems as they are preinstalled. i dont have
> individual software to unistall and reinstall the programs.

John Barnes

Re: preinstalled software
A call to Technical Support from the laptop manufacturer might be worth a
try as it is probably theirs and they do support both products.