Installing a C3180 printer

Evelyn H

Installing a C3180 printer
How do I get my HP C3180 printer installed and working with Windows Vista? I
have tried for over 1 week now. HP was no help, and finally bailed out on
me. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Installing a C3180 printer
Start by getting Vista compatible drivers. If none are available, then you
may well be out of luck.

"Evelyn H" <EvelynH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my HP C3180 printer installed and working with Windows Vista?
> have tried for over 1 week now. HP was no help, and finally bailed out on
> me. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Installing a C3180 printer
Evelyn;
Are you using the latest Windows Vista drivers from HP"
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 46331&lang=en
It seems the latest drivers are dated March 2007.
It also appears you can order the drivers on CD for free if you live
in the U.S.A.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Evelyn H" <EvelynH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my HP C3180 printer installed and working with Windows
> Vista? I
> have tried for over 1 week now. HP was no help, and finally bailed
> out on
> me. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John Hanley

Re: Installing a C3180 printer
I recently installed my HP C4180 (probably similar to the C3180), using the
installation disk & following the instructions that came with the printer.
During the course of the installation, it will check the status of your
software and look for relevant driver updates on the HP web site. It was
fairly straightforward. They make a strong point about following the steps
exactly; e.g. not connecting the printer to the computer until Setup tells
you do, etc. Do you have the installation disk and the Basics Guide that
come with the printer?

"Evelyn H" <EvelynH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my HP C3180 printer installed and working with Windows Vista?
> have tried for over 1 week now. HP was no help, and finally bailed out on
> me. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff James

"Evelyn H" wrote:

> How do I get my HP C3180 printer installed and working with Windows Vista? I
> have tried for over 1 week now. HP was no help, and finally bailed out on
> me. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem and have wasted a great deal of time with HP support
on this issue.

There installer and update program for this printer do not work on Vista
however they still claim it is Vista Compatible.

The installer will get to %96 and hang.

The drivers are installed and you can use the printer until you either turn
off the printer or reboot the computer.

Then the drivers start to install all over again.

HP support has not been very helpful and as far as I can tell none of the
techs I have worked with have elevated the issue to fix the all in one
program or to properly diagnose whe root cause of the failure.