Massive Vista Installation problems

Idiot564

Massive Vista Installation problems
Problem

after over 30 various failed attempts at installing vista i've decided to
ask for outside help, I have windows vista home basic OEM 5 CD version,
usually what happens is vista never completes the installation. I'm
attempting to dual boot vista with windows xp x86 home edition, the partition
that im trying to install vista on is set as primary.

It installs everything up to the last step, then auto restarts, after that
it attempts to boot up and never boots up, when i run it in safety mode i
receive the message "windows can not finish installation while in safe mode
please restart." this is where the fun begins, i've had about 7 different
things happen when i restart.

Error 1: The most common so far, the screen goes black and all i can see is
the mouse arrow, after about 5 seconds or so the mouse arrow disappears, the
keyboard numlock lights turn off, i've heard vista can take awhile to boot up
so ive tried waiting when this happens, i waited about 2 and a half hours and
still no go.

Error 2: The second most common is almost exactly like the first, except the
keyboard numlock lights stay on but the keyboard is completely unresponsive
(can not turn off the light manually) i've also given up to two hours for the
comp to boot up when it does this, sadly it still doesnt boot.

Error 3: The computer shows the screen "windows is starting for the first
time" it fully loads and then the computer restarts and i'm back at square 1.

Error 4: I get a blue screen of death, usually saying something about
removing any usb devices, the only usb devices i had plugged in at the time
were the keyboard and mouse.

Error 5: I get a half red screen, not a red screen of death, but a
disgusting jumbled screen, the top half the screen is red and it has lots of
white "snow" mixed in with it.

Error 6: I also get a red screen but this time it only uses up the right
half the screen, its not as distorted as the one in error 5.

Error 7: The oddest error of the bunch, the mouse appears and all i see are
blue "specks" the screen is about 90% black and 10% of the screen are these
blue specks appearing randomly on the screen

Failed attempts @ fixing:

1. Because i'm dual booting, i can still access C:\ and i can see the vista
files on it, tried messing around with those but to no avail

2. I tried using the Vista repair, it says that i should have no problems at
all starting up vista, sadly it is wrong mad.gif

3. I've tried clearing the partition and making a fresh copy, AND ive tried
installing xp first on the partition and then upgrading it with vista, both
attempts failed.

4. Online Compatibility shows that my computer is 100% compatible with vista

5. Ive checked memory diagnostics, it shows no problems with vista

6. I've tried switching to just the on board graphics as opposed to the
video card, this also didnt work

7. i've tried just single booting vista with a single partition, and met
with the same results

The Rig

CPU: AMD 64 x2 5200+
Mobo: Asus M2A-VM HDMI (Vista compatible, BIOS has been flashed to latest)
RAM: G-skill 800mhz 2 gigabytes
Hard drive: SATA (looking on everest however it says its IDE, but its
connected via a SATA cable) Western digital Caviar 500 gb 7200 RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA 8600 GTS
Onboard graphics: ATI Radeon (equivalent to Nvidia 6200)
Chipset: AMD 690G
John Barnes

Re: Massive Vista Installation problems
If you gave info about your computer, others with similar equipment may be
able to help. There were some similar problems related to certain video
cards in the past.

"Idiot564" <Idiot564@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> attempts failed.
>
> 4. Online Compatibility shows that my computer is 100% compatible with
> vista
>
> 5. Ive checked memory diagnostics, it shows no problems with vista
>
> 6. I've tried switching to just the on board graphics as opposed to the
> video card, this also didnt work
>
> 7. i've tried just single booting vista with a single partition, and met
> with the same results
>
> The Rig
>
> CPU: AMD 64 x2 5200+
> Mobo: Asus M2A-VM HDMI (Vista compatible, BIOS has been flashed to latest)
> RAM: G-skill 800mhz 2 gigabytes
> Hard drive: SATA (looking on everest however it says its IDE, but its
> connected via a SATA cable) Western digital Caviar 500 gb 7200 RPM
> Video Card: NVIDIA 8600 GTS
> Onboard graphics: ATI Radeon (equivalent to Nvidia 6200)

shermus

RE: Massive Vista Installation problems
I am also having the exact same issue, with minor variations on the software
and hardware. Same motherboard, amount of RAM, SATA hard drive. The only
difference is the processor, I am using the on-board video card instead of a
separate graphics card and I am trying to install Vista Home Premium. After
a while, I gave up and installed XP with no problems. If there is a fix, I
would like to find it an install Vista.

CPU: AMD 64 x2 5000+
Mobo: Asus M2A-VM
RAM: 800mhz 2 gigabytes
Hard drive: SATA 300 gb 7200 RPM
Onboard graphics: ATI Radeon (equivalent to Nvidia 6200)
Chipset: AMD 690G

Thanks.