Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed

D.A. Tsenuf

Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed
Tried to upgrade Win XP Pro system to Vista Business

Install stopped
Vista claims that Symantec/Norton products need to be removed

Although System came with Norton
Norton was removed at that time and Non Symantec product has been used since
There is NO TRACE of anything Norton or Symantec on the hard drive or the
Registry
EXCEPT for some references such as
"legacy navapspc" (which has a key referenced Norton Anti-Virus)

This key cannot be deleted
An error occurs when attempted

How do I get around this problerm ?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed
Get a copy of the uninstaller/cleanup utility for your version of
Norton/Symantec from their web site and run it to clean up any leftover
messes.

"D.A. Tsenuf" <DA@Tsenuf.com> wrote in message
> Tried to upgrade Win XP Pro system to Vista Business
>
> Install stopped
> Vista claims that Symantec/Norton products need to be removed
>
> Although System came with Norton
> Norton was removed at that time and Non Symantec product has been used
> since
> There is NO TRACE of anything Norton or Symantec on the hard drive or the
> Registry
> EXCEPT for some references such as
> "legacy navapspc" (which has a key referenced Norton Anti-Virus)
>
> This key cannot be deleted
> An error occurs when attempted
>

> How do I get around this problerm ?

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed
Hi,

Symclean for removing the leftover bits of Symantec software:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"D.A. Tsenuf" <DA@Tsenuf.com> wrote in message
> Tried to upgrade Win XP Pro system to Vista Business
>
> Install stopped
> Vista claims that Symantec/Norton products need to be removed
>
> Although System came with Norton
> Norton was removed at that time and Non Symantec product has been used
> since
> There is NO TRACE of anything Norton or Symantec on the hard drive or the
> Registry
> EXCEPT for some references such as
> "legacy navapspc" (which has a key referenced Norton Anti-Virus)
>
> This key cannot be deleted
> An error occurs when attempted
>

> How do I get around this problerm ?

D.A. Tsenuf

Re: Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed

I ran that before I even came on this group
It stated that my system was clean

That fact that you need to run a cleaner to clean up after Norton products,
a problem that they have NOT solved in 20 years, is a prime reason for my
not using ANY of their products if I can help it

> Hi,
>
> Symclean for removing the leftover bits of Symantec software:
> http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01101612274407
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "D.A. Tsenuf" <DA@Tsenuf.com> wrote in message
>> Tried to upgrade Win XP Pro system to Vista Business
>>
>> Install stopped
>> Vista claims that Symantec/Norton products need to be removed
>>
>> Although System came with Norton
>> Norton was removed at that time and Non Symantec product has been used
>> since
>> There is NO TRACE of anything Norton or Symantec on the hard drive or the
>> Registry
>> EXCEPT for some references such as
>> "legacy navapspc" (which has a key referenced Norton Anti-Virus)
>>
>> This key cannot be deleted
>> An error occurs when attempted
>>

>> How do I get around this problerm ?

D.A. Tsenuf

Re: Vista (Business) hangs Wanting to have (non-existent) Norton/Symantec produvts removed
Still trying to figure out why VISTA thinks I've got Norton/Symantec on my
system