Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista x64 drivers on cd?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
***** charles
 

Posts: n/a
Vista x64 drivers on cd?
Hi all,

I am looking for the list of drivers that come on the
oem cd for Vista Home Premium that are 64 bit
compatible. Is such a thing out there?

thanks,
charles....


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 drivers on cd?
OEM versions of Windows Vista are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
The 64-bit drivers are located in the 64-bit OEM DVD.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

"***** charles"wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for the list of drivers that come on the
oem cd for Vista Home Premium that are 64 bit
compatible. Is such a thing out there?

thanks,
charles....


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
***** charles
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 drivers on cd?
"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:B7853CAA-A8B1-4380-9116-82F239998F11@microsoft.com...
> OEM versions of Windows Vista are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
> The 64-bit drivers are located in the 64-bit OEM DVD.


Yes, but how do I identify which hardware products go with
the drivers? We are talking about generic OEM cd's from
MS not special ones from any one manufacturing company.
I don't want to put a machine together where I must always
keep track of extra driver cd's add infinitum in the future.

thanks,
charles.....

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

-*-----
>
> "***** charles"wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for the list of drivers that come on the
> oem cd for Vista Home Premium that are 64 bit
> compatible. Is such a thing out there?
>
> thanks,
> charles....
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 drivers on cd?
***** charles wrote:
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:B7853CAA-A8B1-4380-9116-82F239998F11@microsoft.com...
>> OEM versions of Windows Vista are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
>> The 64-bit drivers are located in the 64-bit OEM DVD.

>
> Yes, but how do I identify which hardware products go with
> the drivers? We are talking about generic OEM cd's from
> MS not special ones from any one manufacturing company.
> I don't want to put a machine together where I must always
> keep track of extra driver cd's add infinitum in the future.


Well, when you build your own machines that's exactly what you must do.
You should know what hardware is in your computer and you should be
getting the drivers from each hardware mftr.'s website anyway. The
drivers that are on the Vista install DVD are basic drivers and you
don't want to use them as a first choice in any case.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
***** charles
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 drivers on cd?
"Malke" <notreally@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:unu5OFzvHHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> ***** charles wrote:
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:B7853CAA-A8B1-4380-9116-82F239998F11@microsoft.com...
> >> OEM versions of Windows Vista are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
> >> The 64-bit drivers are located in the 64-bit OEM DVD.

> >
> > Yes, but how do I identify which hardware products go with
> > the drivers? We are talking about generic OEM cd's from
> > MS not special ones from any one manufacturing company.
> > I don't want to put a machine together where I must always
> > keep track of extra driver cd's add infinitum in the future.

>
> Well, when you build your own machines that's exactly what you must do.
> You should know what hardware is in your computer and you should be
> getting the drivers from each hardware mftr.'s website anyway. The
> drivers that are on the Vista install DVD are basic drivers and you
> don't want to use them as a first choice in any case.
> Malke


You may not want to use them but I do. Here's my last shot -
is there a list of hardware anywhere that matches the drivers
that are on the Vista OEM DVD? In "the old days" MS had
the hcl. That's basically what I seek. Now a days the last
thing I saw was a menu based website where you had to guess
at the hardware that is supported. It seems that my only other
option is to get a Vista oem dvd and install it on a generic
computer. Then do a manual install for every part that it
supports where I write down every driver in the list. I would
like to avoid this if possible.

thanks,
charles.....


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista x64 drivers on cd?
Charles

Try here:

Windows Quality Online Services: Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/


--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:fFbji.1519$eY.943@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net. ..
> "Malke" <notreally@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:unu5OFzvHHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> ***** charles wrote:
>> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:B7853CAA-A8B1-4380-9116-82F239998F11@microsoft.com...
>> >> OEM versions of Windows Vista are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
>> >> The 64-bit drivers are located in the 64-bit OEM DVD.
>> >
>> > Yes, but how do I identify which hardware products go with
>> > the drivers? We are talking about generic OEM cd's from
>> > MS not special ones from any one manufacturing company.
>> > I don't want to put a machine together where I must always
>> > keep track of extra driver cd's add infinitum in the future.

>>
>> Well, when you build your own machines that's exactly what you must do.
>> You should know what hardware is in your computer and you should be
>> getting the drivers from each hardware mftr.'s website anyway. The
>> drivers that are on the Vista install DVD are basic drivers and you
>> don't want to use them as a first choice in any case.
>> Malke

>
> You may not want to use them but I do. Here's my last shot -
> is there a list of hardware anywhere that matches the drivers
> that are on the Vista OEM DVD? In "the old days" MS had
> the hcl. That's basically what I seek. Now a days the last
> thing I saw was a menu based website where you had to guess
> at the hardware that is supported. It seems that my only other
> option is to get a Vista oem dvd and install it on a generic
> computer. Then do a manual install for every part that it
> supports where I write down every driver in the list. I would
> like to avoid this if possible.
>
> thanks,
> charles.....
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64! Richard Stallmann microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-31-2008 01:25
Installing Wireless drivers fails (Vista Ultimate x64) FastTommyV microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 06-21-2007 17:03
nVIDIA ForceWare 158.18 Graphics Drivers for Windows Vista x86/x64 BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 04-18-2007 21:11
Vista x64 drivers for xbox 360 live vision cam =?Utf-8?B?QW5uaWV0cw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-02-2007 05:01
8800 GTS on Vista RC2 x64 Drivers? HDFatBoy2003 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 7 12-21-2006 03:47




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:40.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120